• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Does this software

have a Warn feature like ipb 1.3 had? Simple and sexy one? If not it might be the breaking point of not buying it ;P :) (Where users get a bar, 100% 10% each warn/etc

Not that I've seen, the MYBB forum I'm running has that feature your talking about but haven't spotted it there as an option in XF
What a bummer, developers work this hard to make this forum 1 of the best IMO and miss the almost most important thing " Who's viewing my topic " /etc... makes no sense, lol I might be missing something though, could a developer chime in here and say they are working on it or something? Cause this is really a bummer and I am not paying 140$ for it not yet, but I am still thinking about it. :) Thank you.

principia

What a bummer, developers work this hard to make this forum 1 of the best IMO and miss the almost most important thing " Who's viewing my topic " /etc... makes no sense, lol I might be missing something though,
Why is this important? I dont need it for my forum.
Keep your mind on your content, not on funny features.

mrGTB

Some features like that can be quite server intensive, even I have it disabled on the MyBB forum I run most of the time because of that reason to help speed things up there. I agree it's a very handy feature, but it's also one of the more server intensive ones too.

Some features like that can be quite server intensive, even I have it disabled on the MyBB forum I run most of the time because of that reason to help speed things up there. I agree it's a very handy feature, but it's also one of the more server intensive ones too.

If optimized and coded correctly it's barely no harm, have you seen d2jsp forums? 3-7k online 24/7 and they have that feature on who's viewing topics/etc.

Forsaken

If optimized and coded correctly it's barely no harm, have you seen d2jsp forums? 3-7k online 24/7 and they have that feature on who's viewing topics/etc.
Njaguar has customized his whole site and server to deal with the load that comes with all the features.

Njaguar has customized his whole site and server to deal with the load that comes with all the features.
Ofcourse, theres also plenty of ipb 1.3 sites that have 1-3k users online 24/7, (Im not going to advertise it) but they use STOCK IPB 1.3.1 and they have it enabled and there forum is still fast/etc it's not really a issue..

mrGTB

Did you say IPB 1.3 then? You do realise that's now about 30 years old and only came with about 30 weak options to use. I did once used it, then I saw the light. LOL!!!

Did you say IPB 1.3 then? You do realise that's now about 30 years old and only came with about 30 weak options to use. I did once used it, then I saw the light. LOL!!!
Lol well Im just saying theres still forums out there that use ipb 1.3 that have that viewing online topics feature and they have 2-3k online members 24/7 and there still alive, so I really dont think it's a problem if xenforo gets it or if somone codes it :p

mrGTB

I think in time that feature will be added, I won't disagree it's an handy one to have there. Due to the fact it's there in the MyBB forum I run and shows number on users on forum homepage also browsing each forum (3 locations). Forum home, thread list, threads themselves.

Onimua

Ofcourse, theres also plenty of ipb 1.3 sites that have 1-3k users online 24/7, (Im not going to advertise it) but they use STOCK IPB 1.3.1 and they have it enabled and there forum is still fast/etc it's not really a issue..
There's also far, far less features associated with IPB 1.3.x than what's currently in XF, or any modern BBS. It's hardly a drag on the server, generally speaking.