Do you plan to run XenForo beta live?

Puntocom

I can't wait to make a live board with XenForo, although it's in beta, I suppose there will be no problems, so I will probably run a new community the first day XenForo is available.

And you?

I've a feeling that XenForo will be finished before I'm finished with the project I have in mind for this software.
So I'll probably not run any beta version live.

/SK

Thankfully I discovered XenForo just as I was researching vBulletin 4, so I'm still on vB 3.8. I also have no mods, so it should be ideal for moving over straight away.

I'm going to buy it on day one, but run a dummy forum in parallel for a few weeks to give me time to sort out the theme/style and install the first few updates when they're released. I'll use it live as soon as its reasonably stable and I'm sure it does everything I expect it to.

I can't wait to make a live board with XenForo, although it's in beta, I suppose there will be no problems, so I will probably run a new community the first day XenForo is available.

And you?

A short answer to that would be "no", I'm waiting till its out of the beta stages... but until it is i'll most likely test it on a private server and localhost. :)

Will be launching my new forums a few days after purchase to give me some time to fool around. I am one of those silly people who bought a vB 4.0 license about two months ago and then realized I was not happy with the support or the way you setup the forum. As soon I as heard about XenForo and checked it out I took the vB 4.0 forum down and have been waiting patiently to launch again

I'm launching a new site using xenforo. It has no legacy data or users to import, and doesn't require any fancy bbcodes; it's about clean presentation and conversation, so xenforo's great.
Sadly I will have to manually code a portal Page using HTML, which I don't like but will only be temporary while I wait for the developer community or future xenforo features to make it easier.

No, at least not initially. I plan to spend a decent amount of time getting to know the software, and if we're satisfied with it (which I'm quite sure we will be) to start porting over various apps we rely on and spending even more time testing those changes. So it'll most likely be a few months before we push XenForo live. As for chat, I fully intend on modifying qwebirc to make use of XenForo (i.e., passing on user credentials to our IRC services). We already do this for our current setup, but it requires a separate authentication step I'd like to eliminate. As a contributor to the project, I'll most likely release such modifications for those who might find it useful.

Top Bottom