Do you plan to run XenForo beta live?

Puntocom

I can't wait to make a live board with XenForo, although it's in beta, I suppose there will be no problems, so I will probably run a new community the first day XenForo is available.

And you?

Maybe a thought, but .. put the vb forum on 'archive' mode, while they can still use the photo stuff and the arcade, but run the forum on xenforo.

If some convert script for it, or update to plugin appears you can always convert.

XF isn't going to be all things to everyone at first and if your community has come to rely on a particular plugin/service that you offer then it will be entirely appropriate to wait for that to be available in XF before converting :)

Ill be purchasing 2 licenses on the early bird special. I have made it a goal to throw up competing sites that IB buys. I'm an automotive type forum guy and after successfully slaying my competition for the platform i started with, i have built a successful reputation for myself. I will be using XF to launch two new forums that are not automotive targeted, but can build slow and progress as XF progresses. With my automotive sites, there's certain plugins i rely on that make my forums successful, so they will continue with VB 3.8.X for the time being. I know XF will be a successful forum platform and i want to be there to support them from the beginning and watch it grow. Hopefully we grow together but one thing is for sure, i'm tired of IB and the mess they have created.

I will most likely use XF in it's current beta stage, yes. I might wait a few days before doing so, in order to get an idea of how many users report problems, but provided there's no real major hiccups for anybody, then I will consider migrating over to XF.

It will be difficult to fight the temptation to go live on beta. I want to get away from vB4 so bad it hurts but I will try my best to be patient.

I also suffer from vB4, unfortunately most popular section of my website is the Blogs, so I have to wait for a mod able to import from vB4. Anyway I'll buy the license and wait. I don't live in peace running vB4, hahaha

I'll be going live on BETA, if only to just get my custom modifications done as soon as possible.

As it stands, we'll probably be developing till summer to get everything done the way we want it :(

Will be running it live soon as possible, possibly make a vB/XF bridge to replicate post content etc as well.

Hoping it won't take too long to port all of our mods over (especially vBShout, i think i'd go into withdrawals without a shoutbox for long!)

Yes, I've seen cometchat and I don't like it.

Again I want something which looks exactly like the rest of the site as it currently does on my existing site, living on its own tab or page.
Smilies, admins, moderators and users are all catered for properly with the correct permissions, etc.
What is it you use for chatting currently?

Won't take long at all for shout/chat boxes to start making it over to XF, especially if i have anything to do with it haha.

Speaking of chat, I've just inquired with Brian at Flashchat as to whether or not he's thinking of building a script bridge for XenForo.
Waiting for an answer.
Did you mean Darren ?

I wouldnt hold your breath, they operate at a somewhat slow pace over there - I have enough trouble just getting them to release the updated vb versions that I maintain for them, nevermind getting them to write a completely new one. They would also need a copy of the software. TBH, a better bet (and probably quicker) would be for an XF coder to write and maintain it, and get them to include it in the FC package. :)

Did you mean Darren ?

I wouldnt hold your breath, they operate at a somewhat slow pace over there - I have enough trouble just getting them to release the updated vb versions that I maintain for them, nevermind getting them to write a completely new one. They would also need a copy of the software. TBH, a better bet (and probably quicker) would be for an XF coder to write and maintain it, and get them to include it in the FC package. :)
BAH yes I did mean Darren. Thanks Paul.

Yes. Probably after two or so weeks.
I'll be developing modifications for my website in a transition, closing it down for ~2 weeks (as it's a yearly event, getting a renovation) and putting it live after some good testing had been completed. :)

I plan on running it when it first comes out on a new domain and once more features/mods are available to support what my current site has I will be switching it as well. I really like Xenforo and the way it has already shaped out. It is also great to see Kier and Mike coding forum software again.

I suffer from VB4 as well and in the near future I can already see/hear it. What's VB?

No.

I'm highlydisappointed from xenforo. first, it will not have rtl support for the stable release, which is not acceptable. second, I believe they rushed into releasing it too soon. what we see here is very exciting... but yet it lacks out of features and not finished.

So, yeah, basically I really like it. but i'll buy it only when (and if) it'll be really ready.

Wait brother. The rest of us will try it and you can jump in later.

Maybe a thought, but .. put the vb forum on 'archive' mode, while they can still use the photo stuff and the arcade, but run the forum on xenforo.

If some convert script for it, or update to plugin appears you can always convert.

I've been considering making a bridge script which would replicate the post content between VB and XF, and essentially let users switch between the two like a skin. I think it might help with situations where there are lots of mods on vB but not XF yet, or where people are trying to make the transition smoother. Will probably see if theres much demand for it once the beta is released.

Top Bottom