Do you like the look of the new Apple Watch?

Do you like the new Apple Watch

• Total voters
I don't think it looks as nice as the Motorola but looks better than the Samsung and LG smart watches. The thing I'm not fond of with the Motorola is the screen been cut due to something needed to be there. With regards to the Apple watch, I like it but it'll be interesting to see what the app community developers come up with. Will people pay $349?

But yeah, The Motorola does look gorgeous but I'll wait for a smaller version to appear since i don't fancy wearing a wall clock on my wrist.

Was having problems watching the keynote. Was beginning to really like the look of the Apple Watch, but I hadn't got the price yet... $349... and we all know for us Brits that will translate to £349 more than likely.

Do you know how much money I have spent on watches in the last 15 years?

£0.00.

So to all of a sudden to spend several hundred ... not sure it's going to happen. But I do like it.

Round would have been better...

I like Apple products on the whole (not a fanboy), as I like a lot of tech, but there's just something a bit too 'iPod Nano' about the Apple Watch. Functionality looks excellent but form/design leaves a bit to be desired imho.

I happen to like the iWatch I just have to convince the wife that I will actually wear a watch if she lets me get it. I don't wear a watch cause I sit in a truck and drive all day with several clocks around me and when I am out of the truck I have my iPhone with me.

Had problems watching the keynote initially so I just seen pictures. I didn't like the looks of it in the pictures but I thought they actually looked nice in the videos with people wearing them. Also, having different bands is pretty cool. Not sure I would actually purchase one though.

I just don't see how people can put swiss cheese on their Mac and Cheese. It's just ridiculous and frankly I think those people are wrong.
I'm seriously considering starting a petition on whitehouse.gov to make it illegal.

It's an interesting bit of kit but I'll stick with my old school analog watches... some things just shouldn't be digital.

Because there's an explosion of wearables now. Right now, there's a rise of a few things: Wearables, Internet of Things, and connected, really connected in every sense of the word. Connected devices.

Connected devices exists with compatible devices, one of the biggest example(s) is the connection between your wearable watch (like the iwatch) and your cellphone (like the iphone). Other connected devices includes tablet to TV's (like the smartglass, or your iphone to Apple TV). There's just a really big growth when it comes to these new sectors.

I was just at a startup event recently; I got to see a wearable watch, and a typical android phone communicate with each other - this technology allowed the recipient, or the holder to speak to the watch or phone to translate what you said out loud, into the phone. Here, this is what I'm talking about:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's just a prototype, and the video was made like, 6 months ago. The prototype I saw is better than the video above. The jist of it is that wearables are now becoming a part of everyday lives. I was also just reading an article recently talking about how we'll be connected in a few years from now.

EDIT: I think this is the one: http://mashable.com/2014/03/13/most-connected-man-in-world-chris-dancy/

Last edited:
It looks a bit thick, but that might just be the massive pictures they've been using. I'll hold judgement back until I've seen it in person.

Concept and UI wise, it's awesome. The user interface looks like it's taken a hell of a lot of planning and thought to get right.

I'm a watch fan. So I look at other things then just being able to tell time :)

I currently wear a watch from the higher segment (TAG Heuer Carrera limited edition to be precise) because that's my way to express my love for motorsports (among others).
So no, I will never buy a smartwatch unless the real watchbrands like TAG Heuer/IWC/Omega come up with something cool.

Functionality: Check
Looks: Ehm...no. It looks like a gadget, not a beautiful watch

I'm a watch fan. So I look at other things then just being able to tell time :)

I currently wear a watch from the higher segment (TAG Heuer Carrera limited edition to be precise) because that's my way to express my love for motorsports (among others).
So no, I will never buy a smartwatch unless the real watchbrands like TAG Heuer/IWC/Omega come up with something cool.

Functionality: Check
Looks: Ehm...no. It looks like a gadget, not a beautiful watch

Yeah but not everyone can afford a Tag, Rolex, etc. Wish I could though I'd have to starve me and my wife and not pay bills for about 4-6 months to afford a watch like you are talking about. I'd be more than happy with a nice looking smart watch like the Apple Watch.

Top Bottom