DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts

DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts 1.1.3

No permission to download
This is a nice add-on. Thank you for making it. I am however looking for one that will allow me to put a widget most popular based on views. And another widget most replied.

Since there's no [bd] Widget Framework released for 2.0 I'm sort of missing out :unsure:

I just like to thank you for the "Show the most liked threads in the selected days interval" option.

One more thing I would like to have is the option you have on your other widget:
"URL Path: Adds a custom url path for the header"

I just like to thank you for the "Show the most liked threads in the selected days interval" option.

One more thing I would like to have is the option you have on your other widget:
"URL Path: Adds a custom url path for the header"
I have already added it :)

Another widget you could make if you wanted to make this like the next [bd] Widget Framework and put more work into it for thread renders is a "latest replies". For example I saw it would be nice if I could group the defaulted new threads but have a latest replies widget so that new posts doesn't also show new threads. Just a feature idea.

I really like how far this widget has come, with good new functions.

What I think would be wonderful is if it could display an image.
Maybe take the first attachment or first image in the thread and maybe display it to the right in the widget.

"Threads with most replies" doesn't seem to be working, the widget just doens't show up. Anyone else had the same?

Hmm ok. If I change it from most replies of the day to "all time" then it works fine. How often does it calculate the replies in a day? It might just be that it's returning nothing as it has't calculated any yet.

Having a slight problem with most viewed threads, for some reason it seems to dislike my most popular threads.

Some of my most popular threads that generate many views each day just won't display in the most popular threads today, week or year options. They will only display in the most popular all time option.

For instance, in 1 widget I have set it up to display the 5 most popular thread views today.

Only 2 threads show up, both new threads. one has a figure of 9 views, the other has 20.

However, 2 of my other threads that are older have views of well over 50 and 100 and yet do not display in Most viewed threads.

I have it set that all forums should be counted for the widget.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

Hmm ok. If I change it from most replies of the day to "all time" then it works fine. How often does it calculate the replies in a day? It might just be that it's returning nothing as it has't calculated any yet.
Having a slight problem with most viewed threads, for some reason it seems to dislike my most popular threads.

Some of my most popular threads that generate many views each day just won't display in the most popular threads today, week or year options. They will only display in the most popular all time option.

For instance, in 1 widget I have set it up to display the 5 most popular thread views today.

Only 2 threads show up, both new threads. one has a figure of 9 views, the other has 20.

However, 2 of my other threads that are older have views of well over 50 and 100 and yet do not display in Most viewed threads.

I have it set that all forums should be counted for the widget.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks
I think this is due to a misinterpretation in the description (my bad), what the widget does is show the contents posted in that period of time, i update the description now, sorry for the inconvenience

I think this is due to a misinterpretation in the description (my bad), what the widget does is show the contents posted in that period of time, i update the description now, sorry for the inconvenience

No need to apologise, it's a great addon and now I know how it works I can better describe it on my forum.

Thanks for a great addon and for getting back to me.

For most replies, does the original post have to be in the timeframe or do the replies count as content?

e.g.

A thread is posted a week ago.

Today it's suddenly got a load of replies.

Would it show up in the "most replies for today" widget?

For most replies, does the original post have to be in the timeframe or do the replies count as content?

e.g.

A thread is posted a week ago.

Today it's suddenly got a load of replies.

Would it show up in the "most replies for today" widget?
Yes, the original post have to be in the timeframe.

Top Bottom