DL6 - [Widget] New Threads and Posts With Prefix Limit

DL6 - [Widget] New Threads and Posts With Prefix Limit 1.0.5

No permission to download
Using your addon removes the option of :

Expanded
An expanded view, displaying as a list of rendered first post content.

Is this intentional? I only have simple of full, not expanded.
Think something must be screwy on your end. There is an expanded view option and it does work.

Is it possible to have more layout similar to BD Widget Framework on XF1?
  • Sidebar (avatar, title and one extra line)
  • Sidebar with snippet from post
  • Compact List
  • Full

This looks like it could be a fun little widget...trying to add it to xenforo and i'm getting the error "No Prefix has been set yet" any thoughts on that?

This looks like it could be a fun little widget...trying to add it to xenforo and i'm getting the error "No Prefix has been set yet" any thoughts on that?
You have to set prefixes and the forums they're to be used in in the widget settings

Hello,
Unsure if this was addressed, but I used this addon to add a prefex specific to threads on an HTML page node for my homepage and I'm wanting to change the block header to another image but unsure how.
1679057321053.webp

Is there a way to do this?

Our host has implemented some new caching which seems great but it's causing one issue with this widget.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? I have thousands of these entries since my host turned this on earlier today.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 17.21.25.png

Ful stack trace from one of them:
Code:
#0 src/addons/DL6/WNTPL/XF/Widget/NewThreadsPrefixLimit.php(149): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/storm/sit...', 149)
#1 internal_data/code_cache/widgets/_15_widget_next_match_sidebar.php(5): DL6\WNTPL\XF\Widget\NewThreadsPrefixLimit->render()
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7498): XF\SubContainer\Widget->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/SubContainer/Widget.php(168): XF\Template\Templater->renderWidgetClosure(Object(Closure), Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1919): XF\SubContainer\Widget->getCompiledWidget(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s18/public/forum_list.php(216): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('forum_list_side...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_list', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\Listin...', 'public:forum_li...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

I appreciate I've not provided much detail as I'm not really sure yet what my host has changed but am in the process of checking with them.

Edit: the issue seems to be our host moved to PHP 8.1 at the same time. Reverting back fixed it. Anyone successfully running this widget on 8.1?

Last edited:
No, its just working, since months now also under 8.1.x and I hope next days also under 8.2.x with Xenforo 2.2.15

Top Bottom