DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts

DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts 1.1.3

No permission to download
Suggestion: It should be optional if week starts on monday or sunday. Really weird that week stats start on sunday as an european user.

According to the International standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week ending with Sunday as the seventh day of the week. Although this is the international standard, countries such as the United States still have their calendars refer to Sunday as the start of the seven-day week.

Suggestion: It should be optional if week starts on monday or sunday. Really weird that week stats start on sunday as an european user.

According to the International standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week ending with Sunday as the seventh day of the week. Although this is the international standard, countries such as the United States still have their calendars refer to Sunday as the start of the seven-day week.
There might be an edit you do for that, so take a look through the files. I wouldn't expect anything from the developer, he hasn't been around here since last June. ;)

Would it be an easy change to turn the most liked of the day into the most liked of the last 24 hours?

Great addon, but would be better if something posted at 11:49PM with lots of likes would still be featured for the next 24 hours

Would it be an easy change to turn the most liked of the day into the most liked of the last 24 hours?

Great addon, but would be better if something posted at 11:49PM with lots of likes would still be featured for the next 24 hours

This add-on is no longer supported and there may be problems with version 2.2 of XF

This addon has stopped working for me a couple of days ago on the latest version of Xenforo

Anyone know a good replacement?

Everything is working for me again with this addon but I have a love hate relationship with it.

Let me explain...

I use the widgets for MOST LIKES & MOST REPLIES per topic and I have them set at x1 week

I love the feature but it resets once a week so on a slower forum it shows the most popular topics and likes have 1,2, or 3 likes or replies until it builds up again for the week.

I would much prefer a WEEK TO DATE approach where it shows the most popular topic or likes from a week up to the current date.

Does anyone know how to modify this addon or is there a similar one available?

I think @Xon Trending Content Tags is the closest.

Reactions: Xon
Everything is working for me again with this addon but I have a love hate relationship with it.

Let me explain...

I use the widgets for MOST LIKES & MOST REPLIES per topic and I have them set at x1 week

I love the feature but it resets once a week so on a slower forum it shows the most popular topics and likes have 1,2, or 3 likes or replies until it builds up again for the week.

I would much prefer a WEEK TO DATE approach where it shows the most popular topic or likes from a week up to the current date.

Don't know of any free ones offhand, but I use this addon, which has a "most reacted to" option which you can limit by number of days:

I seem to remember Andy having a couple addons for this kind of thing, too, but can't recall for sure.

Let me explain...

If I remember correctly there is an option for how many days, set that to say 10 days, then you will always have threads from the last 10 days.
I think the other settings for month and week, starts over every new week or month.

Ahh, I see that setting.

To me it looked like I could just select a longer period but it still did the reset thing.

So if I picked 10 days it would reset every 10 days.
I set it to 10 days and I will monitor it to see if it is 10 days to date and report back.

I often make a habit of reading all posts about an addon before starting to use it. There could be useful information somewhere :)
I remebered I had a similar question as you have and got it answered, and fixed:

This is a great add-on.

I am interested in monthly or weekly stats for all threads, not just the newly created.

I have noticed that if I select of the week or of the month options, this only applies to NEW threads or posts created for this period (week or month). It doesn't apply to existing threads or content that was created earlier.

This doesn't seem relevant, because I have older threads that are way more active than the NEW threads and they do not show up in these widgets.

I have (mega) threads that can get up to 1k posts a week compared to e.g. new threads that can't reach even 100 posts, yet these megathreads are not shown under Posts with most replies widget when you select the second option below (or of the month, of the year etc..).

1691483794064.png

Only if you select of all time, then it shows.

I am on XF 2.2.13, PHP 7.4.x, is this is a bug?

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like a technical limitation coz the addon would have to track new views/replies on all threads from the set deadline. Iirc vbulletin 3.x had a similar functionality that did this and it was pretty nice. But it's likely going to make the addon more resource intensive.

Top Bottom