DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts

DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts 1.1.3

No permission to download
Cool, I get it now, thanks.

"Today's threads with most replies" is different to "Threads with most replies today" and the widget is showing the first.

honestly, this is great. i like how you did the simple mode and allowed title and advatar to show only. could you make a verison or add to of the new post and new threads version like this? (outside the scope) but a great mod!

I displayed 5 widgets tabs in my home page but the default ones displayed all the information in the list (poster, date; avatars, node,reactions, eye..) but those which come from your addon dispaly only the title of the thread. How can i display all the informations like the default widgets ?

In default widgets Last Posts :
Capture d’écran 2018-02-25 à 10.06.12.webp

In addon widgets More Viewed :
Capture d’écran 2018-02-25 à 10.06.24.webp

Thank you !!

I displayed 5 widgets tabs in my home page but the default ones displayed all the information in the list (poster, date; avatars, node,reactions, eye..) but those which come from your addon dispaly only the title of the thread. How can i display all the informations like the default widgets ?

In default widgets Last Posts :
View attachment 169793

In addon widgets More Viewed :
View attachment 169794

Thank you !!
I use a different templates, maybe I can make some changes to make it compatible.

I use a different templates, maybe I can make some changes to make it compatible.
I would love it !! if i can add the poster, date of post and last post avatar it would be perfect. Are you going to update your addon ??

@Wilouness Try now with the new update :)
So i uploaded the new file in my host and rebuild the addons
When i refresh still the same display
So i tried the setting "Simple" here what i had :
Capture d’écran 2018-02-26 à 17.35.26.webp

And when i display "full"like I want and like I chose for new_posts default widget :
Capture d’écran 2018-02-25 à 10.06.24.webp

The results I really want is the same display as New Posts widget (with differents columns and avatar of the last poster liket this

Capture d’écran 2018-02-26 à 17.35.53.webp

Thanks for your help and the upgrade. really appreciate your effort !!

EDIT :
Maybe i didn't understand what you mean with :
Now use the template thread_list_macros in the full style option for threads.

Last edited:
You are using the most liked post widget?
The idea is to show the post and not the thread, that's why you see a simpler version with that specific widget.

edit: I will send you a message with the necessary changes so that it looks like you want

Last edited:
After about 15 minutes of toying around with this tonight, I created this:
https://www.wtf.com/pages/popular/

Now its not fully functional, it is just a little more than a mockup.. I was seeing how close I can get to the look of my old "Popular" add-on from XF 1.x which hadn't been updated in many, many years... Of course, when @Mike Creuzer gets those Reactions widgets working I can list the reactions on this page too, with reaction icons instead of likes counts..

Never built a widget page before, so be gentle. ;)

Now its not fully functional, it is just a little more than a mockup.. I was seeing how close I can get to the look of my old "Popular" add-on from XF 1.x which hadn't been updated in many, many years... Of course, when @Mike Creuzer gets those Reactions widgets working I can list the reactions on this page too, with reaction icons instead of likes counts..

Really nice and clean Job but your 3 filters (month, 3 months, year) redirect to your homepage. I think it is not your intention. It would be very useful to make these filters works and keeping the widget tabs we use.
@Alien I love your forum what an original idea !! Congratulations

I'll be very thankfull and happy If you tell me how to add reactions counts in those widgets (most_liked, most_answered and most_viewed)
Sorry for that I'm not an expert in code.

Any plans to incorporate @Xon's ratings into this widget? It's working great for "likes" but would love a copy that did "ratings" rather than just likes. Even better would be to pull out the most popular rating but I imagine that'd be harder (and might well be something Xon is working on).

Note sure if this is a bug or intended.

I have a widget set to display the top 5 busiest threads.

However, one of those threads is in our staff room meaning it isn't displayed to non-staff. They only then see 4 threads listed, not 5. Shouldn't they instead see the next busiest they have permission to?

In theory, if all 5 busiest threads were in a private sub-forum, then regular users would just see an empty list.

Any plans to incorporate @Xon's ratings into this widget? It's working great for "likes" but would love a copy that did "ratings" rather than just likes. Even better would be to pull out the most popular rating but I imagine that'd be harder (and might well be something Xon is working on).
I can try it.
Note sure if this is a bug or intended.

I have a widget set to display the top 5 busiest threads.

However, one of those threads is in our staff room meaning it isn't displayed to non-staff. They only then see 4 threads listed, not 5. Shouldn't they instead see the next busiest they have permission to?

In theory, if all 5 busiest threads were in a private sub-forum, then regular users would just see an empty list.
can not reproduce it, are you sure there are more threads that meet the criteria?

Top Bottom