DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts

DL6 - [Widget] Popular threads and posts 1.1.3

No permission to download
I have uploaded files and install this widget, but dont know how to use it.

Can you guide me on how to set up it in order to make it displayed.

Thank You

Ok i found, default value of most like was today so there was not post.
changing it to all time displayed the block

Could you please add a Display style option that shows only the OP avatar and thread title, nothing else?

Currently there are

Display style
  • Simple A simple view, designed for narrow spaces such as sidebars.
  • Full A full size view, displaying as a standard thread list.
  • Expanded An expanded view, displaying as a list of rendered post content.
I am using Simple but I would like it to be even more simple.

Maybe you can name it Minimal :cool:

Could you please add a Display style option that shows only the OP avatar and thread title, nothing else?

Currently there are

Display style
  • Simple A simple view, designed for narrow spaces such as sidebars.
  • Full A full size view, displaying as a standard thread list.
  • Expanded An expanded view, displaying as a list of rendered post content.
I am using Simple but I would like it to be even more simple.

Maybe you can name it Minimal :cool:
Of course, I'll add it in the next update.

Thank you for this. I have tried to make some changes to it so that I could have it show most viewed threads (view_count) but I am not good enough to make it happen :)
I would be very happy if you could incorporate that in this or make another one. Most replies might also interest some. I would use most viewed for "Most popular now"-listings.

How does this interact with the various post rating addons? If they assign one of the ratings as a Like rating, does this work off that?

Thank you for this. I have tried to make some changes to it so that I could have it show most viewed threads (view_count) but I am not good enough to make it happen :)
I would be very happy if you could incorporate that in this or make another one. Most replies might also interest some. I would use most viewed for "Most popular now"-listings.
For now I am a little busy with the preparations to upgrade my site to XF2, when I finished I can start with this. Would you like some additional criteria or with the same options?
How does this interact with the various post rating addons? If they assign one of the ratings as a Like rating, does this work off that?
I only tested with ThemeHouse reactions and shows the post with the most ratings assigned as Like, It also requires some editions in phrases and templates to show the rating assigned as like.

I think you might have a bug or so. It works ok in many widget positions but I get an error when I place it in any of the Public positions.
Undefined variable: link in src/addons/DL6/MLTP/XF/Widget/MostLikedThreads.php on line 153

I cant remember now but I think there was a problem with your other widget also in Public, another variable if I rember correctly.

I think that was the reason I thought I couldn't get the most viewed I tested to work, it works now if I do not use Public.
When you have more time I hope you can incorporate most viewed and most replied. A suggestion is that you change it so that the admin can set the number of days freely. Not just one day, one week, one month and one year.

I think you might have a bug or so. It works ok in many widget positions but I get an error when I place it in any of the Public positions.
Undefined variable: link in src/addons/DL6/MLTP/XF/Widget/MostLikedThreads.php on line 153

I cant remember now but I think there was a problem with your other widget also in Public, another variable if I rember correctly.

I think that was the reason I thought I couldn't get the most viewed I tested to work, it works now if I do not use Public.
When you have more time I hope you can incorporate most viewed and most replied. A suggestion is that you change it so that the admin can set the number of days freely. Not just one day, one week, one month and one year.
Thanks, that is for an option that I forgot to add, I'll try to launch an update tomorrow, If you want to fix it yourself open MostLikedThreads.php and delete this line 'link' => $link, do the same with the other file MostLikedPosts.php

Thank you, that worked.
I am not sure the time interval is working, it works with one year, but no widget shows up if I set to one month, and I do believe there should be threads from that time period.

Thank you, that worked.
I am not sure the time interval is working, it works with one year, but no widget shows up if I set to one month, and I do believe there should be threads from that time period.
This add-on works with the current month, now it should show the post/threads of December of this year, maybe I can add an option to show the post/threads of the last x days.

Top Bottom