Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 2.8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
@NixFifty sorry for the bump, but it's been a few months so I wanted to see if there was a solution to this question:

@NixFifty is there a way to (set default for all users) disable the bot's ability to send a DM in discord when we get an alert on xenforo? I know the description says we can change it in the alert preferences, but there's soooo many options, im not seeing one for DMs. Also, my users are just getting way too many DMs from the bot due to alerts from xenforo, so my whole community just wants to disable DMs from the bot entirely.

Ideally, there should be an option to disable DMs from the bot for all users.

Also, I noticed that when I click on an alert from my DMs in discord, it takes me to the alert page, not the thread im getting the alert about. this results in about 2-3 clicks to get to the desired content. It seems like making the links directly to the content would streamline things a bit?

Has anybody found a way to disable these bot DM's globally? Even with all notification settings turned off, people are still getting reaction summaries and I'd at the very least like to allow people to disable those. The DM's as a whole are a feature my entire community would rather disable (at least by default) entirely since getting double notifications isn't fantastic, and getting a DM every time you receive a reaction is an especially frustrating default experience.

I asked this question in a ticket over a month ago but it's still open, so I'm hoping someone else has run into this and found a way to make it work. Otherwise I'll probably have to hack it out myself, but I'd prefer not to for update compatibility's sake.

NixFifty updated Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 2.6.0

• Fix an issue where syncing with users in a paid Discord role would silently fail.
  • Add support for Tickets add-on.
  • Add an option for users to disable alerts from being sent to their Discord DMs.
  • Add an option for users to disable conversation notifications from being sent to their Discord DMs.
  • Add an option for admins to apply registration defaults for Discord alert and conversation notifications.
  • Force global namespace for functions which are known to be optimizable...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@NixFifty is there a way to (set default for all users) disable the bot's ability to send a DM in discord when we get an alert on xenforo? I know the description says we can change it in the alert preferences, but there's soooo many options, im not seeing one for DMs. Also, my users are just getting way too many DMs from the bot due to alerts from xenforo, so my whole community just wants to disable DMs from the bot entirely.

Ideally, there should be an option to disable DMs from the bot for all users.
There's an option for admins to disable it for new registrants now. See Options -> User registration -> Registration defaults. Existing users can disable it by going to their preferences.
Can this notify about new support tickets made with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tickets.7442/ this plugin?

Thanks
It can now.
Has anybody found a way to disable these bot DM's globally? Even with all notification settings turned off, people are still getting reaction summaries and I'd at the very least like to allow people to disable those. The DM's as a whole are a feature my entire community would rather disable (at least by default) entirely since getting double notifications isn't fantastic, and getting a DM every time you receive a reaction is an especially frustrating default experience.

I asked this question in a ticket over a month ago but it's still open, so I'm hoping someone else has run into this and found a way to make it work. Otherwise I'll probably have to hack it out myself, but I'd prefer not to for update compatibility's sake.
Sorry I missed your ticket. There's an option for users to disable alert mirroring globally now so no need for any hacking. :)

Hi,

The addon is setup correctly however it does not assign the roles which I have selected from discord. The bot role is above the role it is trying to assign however it does not assign the role when the discord account is connected

Hi,

The addon is setup correctly however it does not assign the roles which I have selected from discord. The bot role is above the role it is trying to assign however it does not assign the role when the discord account is connected
Note that the bot can't update the server owner. If the person being updated is not the server owner, could you open a ticket so we can look in to it?

Note that the bot can't update the server owner. If the person being updated is not the server owner, could you open a ticket so we can look in to it?

Thank you very much for the response. I was indeed trying it on the server owner which didn't work however it seems to be working now.

One last question, the add-on seems to sync the forum roles to discord and automatically updates them. However it doesn't seem to do the same when the roles are adjusted over at discord instead of forums. Is there a way to implement this?

@NixFifty, Hello!

Does your add-on work correctly with the discord api rate limits (50 requests per second)?
We have a fairly large community and recently we had to make a massive personal conversations. By default, all notifications for users were enabled. And now our bot has a status.
Снимок экрана 2021-08-30 в 08.33.30.png
Accordingly, in the XF admin panel, we get errors every time (before updating to version 2.6.0). And the bot can no longer write private messages with notifications to our users.

Is it possible to search XF to find a user's associated discord account name (i.e. blahblah#2874)? i'm trying to see if someone is using multiple accounts on my discord server.

@NixFifty, Hello!

Does your add-on work correctly with the discord api rate limits (50 requests per second)?
We have a fairly large community and recently we had to make a massive personal conversations. By default, all notifications for users were enabled. And now our bot has a status.
View attachment 256806
Accordingly, in the XF admin panel, we get errors every time (before updating to version 2.6.0). And the bot can no longer write private messages with notifications to our users.
Sorry, I missed this. Were you able to sort this? The next update does have some work in it to further reduce the number of API calls and there's probably more that can be done for conversations / alerts in particular, I'll look in to it.
Is it possible to search XF to find a user's associated discord account name (i.e. blahblah#2874)? i'm trying to see if someone is using multiple accounts on my discord server.
Not at the moment, no. I believe this was suggested before and I looked in to it briefly but didn't explore it further. I'll keep it in mind for the next version.

The next update does have some work in it to further reduce the number of API calls
I'm assuming you'll have to put all api calls into a queue that doesn't fire more than 50 per second. Also Discord has been known to sometimes not be accurate in their rate limits so instead of using a hard coded 50 per second what you should do is wait for a response every api call and if you get a rate limit response, wait the amount of time the response tells you to wait then try to continue again.

Does this support the "Server Booster" role that gets created automatically? I've heard this doesn't work for some reason.

A user received a temporary ban in the forums and I expected that to ban him in Discord too. That didn’t happen. Does this need to be done manually?

I'm trying to get your addon but I can not sine up do to your nixfifty.com as your requiring my XenForo license 'Validation token witch should not aloud to have and I and running on xenforo.cloud beta that dos not use one.

I'm trying to get your addon but I can not sine up do to your nixfifty.com as your requiring my XenForo license 'Validation token witch should not aloud to have and I and running on xenforo.cloud beta that dos not use one.
Ah, good point. I've raised that internally but for now, if you can send me a conversation here with your email address, I can set you up with an account.

NixFifty updated Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 2.6.1

• Import native functions.
  • Improve performance and efficiency when syncing.
  • Ensure channel list isn't serving a stale cache of channels.
  • When inviting the bot to your server, pre-select the server on the server list.
  • Compatibility fix with Report Centre Essentials v2.6.0+
  • When notifying a channel about a new report, include additional metadata.
  • Fix an issue with Tickets to Discord notifications.
  • Fix notification handling for content created by guest users.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this supposed to happen (blank user info, see pic below) when you review the Extra tab while editing a user in the ACP? It seems to be happening for most/all users now, but I seem to recall that it has occasionally shown me something useful in the past.

1634338646353.webp

Top Bottom