Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 2.8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Are you testing the syncing on yourself? If so, the bot can't update you because you would outrank it in permissions. If not, you'll need to make sure the bot's role is higher in the role hierarchy than other roles.

If it's neither of these cases, feel free to open a conversation with me with a link to your Discord and I can have a look.
Yes, but I have since switched users but still not updating. Would the higher the position number be considered higher on the role hierarchy or would it be lower? e.g. position 7?

Roles are ordered in descending order of priority so the higher on the list than other roles is what you need.

What sort of perms should the bot have?
Okay, thanks to @NixFifty I figured out the problem! Because my bot was from an old Discord addon. I checked the perms again and found that there were 2 options enabled that was specified to be "unchecked" once unchecking it and replacing the client, bot id's it started working.

• Love
Reactions: Naz
great addon so far, but I have a question.
When a user is registered via Discord on your forum how can one then access the discord server? Do they still have to use invite links to do so?

thanks

great addon so far, but I have a question.
When a user is registered via Discord on your forum how can one then access the discord server? Do they still have to use invite links to do so?

thanks
I believe there is a setting where you can have the user join upon successful sync.

Edit: yes there is!

Reactions: Naz
yeah I've found that and the user is joining the server as a welcome message appears for the other users in the main channel.
But the user who just registered.. how can he/she access the discord server?
just opening discord won't cut it

yeah I've found that and the user is joining the server as a welcome message appears for the other users in the main channel.
But the user who just registered.. how can he/she access the discord server?
just opening discord won't cut it
Could you screenshot your options page for the Discord Add-on?

NixFifty updated Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.4

• If usernames are being synced, ensure any username changes to Discord are synced too.
  • Add an option to kick users from your Discord server if they disconnect their forum account.
  • If a user is banned on your forum, this will now be mapped to Discord properly rather than disconnecting them.
  • Fix blocking user creation when add-on is disabled.

Read the rest of this update entry...

How does the user trigger discord nickname sync
That one was solved :)

Is it possible to automatically change user primary group when they register or connected with discord.
Example:
I have Member role/group on discord and xenforo
When user register or connect their xenforo account with discord I would like Member group to be applied as Primary group.

I haven't purchased the addon yet but I have a question:

They can signup to my forum from Discord, but can they just login to my forum with their Discord name? If so, can that be disabled?

View attachment 247007

Here are the options, I do not think you can separate registration and logging in with Discord.
The way it's worded, does it mean registering and THEN logging in from Discord? Or is that two separate things, like they can register OR they can also login via Discord? In other words, are they able to post in my forums with their Discord account and not have to register to my forums?

Last edited:
The way it's worded, does it mean registering and THEN logging in from Discord? Or is that two separate things, like they can register OR they can also login via Discord? In other words, are they able to post in my forums with their Discord account and not have to register to my forums?
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Enabling the option means guests can register and login with Discord. It also means that any users who have manually connected their accounts can use Discord to login. You don't need to have registered with Discord, you can connect the account later. There's currently no way to disable one or the other.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Enabling the option means guests can register and login with Discord. It also means that any users who have manually connected their accounts can use Discord to login. You don't need to have registered with Discord, you can connect the account later. There's currently no way to disable one or the other.
Sorry, what I mean is, can someone that is on Discord post on my forums but not be registered in my forums?

Top Bottom