DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools)

DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.2.2

No permission to download
Thanks for the explanation Jaxel. So it would appear to me that admins manually reporting suspicious registrations to SFS has to be more careful, if you want SFS to be accurate.

I have over a hundred failed registrations where the (probable) spammer matched an IP, or perhaps a username, but they haven't posted anything, nor do they have anything spammy on their profile. Now, I know they are probably spammers, but SFS doesn't want those "guilty by association" reports to be sent them them, as I understand it.

According to SFS policy, simply submitting a user because they registered and this mod blocked it, IS against the terms of use. This is because there is no evidence of that person being a spammer, beyond the pre-existing SFS database entry... and the SFS guys don't like false positives.

However, it can be argued that if a username tries to register, is blocked a dozen times, with a dozen different IP addresses... and then finally makes it through on that thirteenth attempt, and spams... then that 13th attempt's spam could be used as evidence against the first 12 failed attempts.

Is it possible to move the Moderator list displayed in each forum with the new update? I can hide it just fine but I'd like to move it to below the thread list.

Is it possible to move the Moderator list displayed in each forum with the new update? I can hide it just fine but I'd like to move it to below the thread list.
In the current update, no... I will look into expanding on the feature in the future.

Its really a feature that should have been in XF by default.

I am getting an email everyday with the same message as below.
This is your daily summary of unconfirmed accounts on Webmaster forum - SEO, Web Design, Web Hosting Discussions and more!.
The following users have been deleted:
The following users have been emailed; they have 3 days left:
The following users have been emailed; they have 1 days left:
The following users are also unconfirmed, but have not been emailed:​
This is really annoying to me. Same thing everyday. ahhh..

I want to stop sending this kind of email to my email address. How can I do this?

I want to stop sending this kind of email to my email address. How can I do this?

1. Open library/EWRutiles/Model/Unconfirmed.php
2. Search for "$mail"
3. You should be at line 53 that contains "$mail = new XenForo_Mail('ewrutiles_admin_email_confirmation', $params);"
4. Place x2 forward slashes at the beginning of this line, and the following 2 lines immediately after it. It should now look like this ...
PHP:
//              $mail = new XenForo_Mail('ewrutiles_admin_email_confirmation', $params);
//              $mail->enableAllLanguagePreCache();
//              $mail->queue($options->defaultEmailAddress);
5. Save the file

Will this play nicely with almost identical functionality in User Essentials Add-On, or will they conflict? Can I turn off the Username change functionality in XenUtiles?

Jaxel already told that this add-on will be continuously improved and it still is. As long as he gets new ideas he will add. He might have needed the new option.(name change) It's existence in another add-on doesn't mean he copied from it.
He never accused me of stealing anything. He just asked if it would conflict. Two engineers looking for the same answer may often come up with the same solution. If we both co-opt the same functions to get this answer working, there MAY be a conflict.

Will this play nicely with almost identical functionality in User Essentials Add-On, or will they conflict? Can I turn off the Username change functionality in XenUtiles?
I have added in a switch so you can disable the controller/template extensions for username changes. This way you can tun it off in this mod and it should not conflict with other mods.

Great Resource Jaxel!

I have a couple of issues which I hope you can assist with. Firstly, the Permissions shown in post #228 above don't appear in my Admin area. Is there something I need to do in order for this to appear? I've just updated to the latest version (1.21).

Secondly, the "Automatic Staff List" is a nice addition. However, it would be great if it could use my custom Usergroup names for my moderator group. Is this just a simple case of editing the template with my custom Usergroup names? Perhaps something for a future release is to use the site's Usergroup titles.

I have had many hundreds of users register on my site who have not confirmed their e-mail addresses. Recently, the number of these has grown so large that the reminder e-mails sent to these users caused my host to suspend my site for sending too many e-mails! Although I saw the irony in this, I have now had to disable the function whereby these users are deleted after a given number of days to stop the reminder e-mails. For your future release, could you create a function to control the sending or switch off the reminder e-mails while keeping the ability to delete those users who do not confirm their e-mail address after a given number of days?

Thanks again for your great work!

Hi,

I have a style issue with the Down Vote functionality, as seen in the below cropped screenshot. The Down Vote text section highlighted does not follow/match the rest of the InLineMod stylesheet section. Anyone have a resolution please?

Down_votes.png

Thanks.

Hi,

Anyone solved this design issue above? o_O
I'm also to dump to figure it out by myself - pleeeease help ;)

Top Bottom