DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools)

DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.2.2

No permission to download
I have another idea.

In the List of blocked registrations, build a link on the username with a search for this username. So it is easy possible to check, if this user come throug later.

Screenshot!

Untitled-1.webp

1 - "blocked registrations" log has been changed into an overall registration log. It shows both blocked registrations, as well as completed registrations. Completed registrations are there so that you can compare them to blocks. If a spambot fails 18 times to register, and succeeds on the 19th time; you wouldn't know. Now you will see the completed registration.
2 - clear registration log button is back... naturally it only clears out the blocked registrations, not the completed ones.

Quick question, I haven't been able to get the sitemap to work right for my site

First it was permissions issue of the data/sitemap folder, which I fixed, but when I visit - http://www.worthingforum.co.uk/sitemap/
I just get a blank page
I assume? it needs an entry in the htaccess file to redirect queries to the data/sitemap folder, but I couldn't see anything about that in the instructions.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools) with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.1 CHANGELOG

Hey guys! Its the holiday season, and this mod is free! If you can donate, please do! Or buy, the branding removal option! Anything you can do to help, will be greatly appreciated!
  • The ability to clear the blocked registration log has returned!
  • Blocked Registration Log has been changed to a full on registration log! It will now show not only blocked registrations, but passed registrations as well! This makes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Awesome, does this contain them "display issues" and such that were mentioned before too? Or..

Hi Jaxel, thanks for the update.

I noticed that it displays the content moderator within a forum:
NFDra.png

How can I move this down or remove it? It seems to be overlapping my Message title enhancement.

This latest upgrade needs the permission for administrators to see the Xenutiles tab in the ACP.... at present it cannot be assigned, so my other administrator can't access the spam tools.

I wish the checkmarks and the X's in the registration log would tell me what they mean. Does a check mark mean that they matched something in "sfs" for instance, or ????

Never mind, just went back and read a few pages.

I'm looking at my registration logs of people who have "passed" registrations, and there is a link to "Ban User..." on the right, but some of them are already banned. Can that registration log indicate if the user is already banned so I don't have to mistakenly click the link again?

Right now, it's useless to ban the user as their usernames are randomly generated. Might as well delete the spammer completely.

Guys, please keep submitting spammers to SFS. If you see two green checks in the log, submit it. We would all benefit as SFS' database become bigger.

2 green checks mean they passed, right? Wouldn't you mean 2 red X's, meaning, they matched something from sfs?

But if they only match (red X's) 2 out of 3, won't what's-his-name from SFS have a fit and make threats because he only wants 3 out of 3 matches in his SFS database, the whole "guilty by association" thing?

Green means good (no SFS match), and Red means SFS match. So if you see 2 green checks, that means that the email, IP, or both are not yet in SFS -- so we should help add them. I know it's confusing but if you click on the 'submit spammer' icon, the new window that pops up will explain what it would do.

Btw, I have my settings set to:
  • All "Enable the Challenging of Usernames" set to unchecked (since spammers' usernames seem to be random anyway)
  • All "Heuristics" set to High (since it does not check usernames from setting above, an email or IP match will mark the user a spammer)

So what if they have 2 green checks, and one red check, but they haven't done anything spammy, are you still reporting them as spammers?

I thought that's what the owner of the SFS system freaks out about every now and then, because people are reporting spammers when they only have one hit (one red X), such as an IP address, in the system.

And if you just delete the spammer, does that delete any of their posts? I've been banning, then deleting them.

So what if they have 2 green checks, and one red check, but they haven't done anything spammy, are you still reporting them as spammers?

I thought that's what the owner of the SFS system freaks out about every now and then, because people are reporting spammers when they only have one hit (one red X), such as an IP address, in the system.
XenUtiles no longer auto-reports spammers. An admin must now MANUALLY report spammers, and at that point, the onus is no longer on XenUtiles and this mod can not be blamed for false-positives. This change was made to comply with SFS's new terms of use.

Top Bottom