XF 1.5 Disable spam checks in conversations

Fred.

Hi,

I have new members complaining that they can't send url's in conversations.
This is what I see in the spam trigger log.

Code:
Izzie - Spam phrase matched (www)
Moderated, Tuesday at 2:30 PM, Content: post
Izzie - Spam phrase matched (www)
Moderated, Tuesday at 2:28 PM, Content: conversation_message
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:24 PM, Content: conversation_message
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:24 PM, Content: conversation_message
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:23 PM, Content: conversation_message
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:23 PM, Content: conversation_message
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:22 PM, Content: conversation_message
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:22 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:22 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:21 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:20 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:20 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:19 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:19 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:18 PM, Content: conversation
Izzie - Akismet matched
Moderated, Tuesday at 1:18 PM, Content: conversation
RaKla - Spam phrase matched (www)
Moderated, Sep 12, 2015, Content: conversation_message
RaKla - Spam phrase matched (www)
Moderated, Sep 12, 2015, Content: conversation_message

Is it possible to disable the spam check for conversations only?
I need strong spam phrase checks for the forum, but not in private conversations.
This is really annoying my members. They leave and start a conversation on facebook!

Set up a user group promotion and give promoted uses the new "Bypass spam check" permission. You can determine what criteria to set for the promotion that suites your forum.

Set up a user group promotion and give promoted uses the new "Bypass spam check" permission. You can determine what criteria to set for the promotion that suites your forum.
But that's not possible for the conversations only, then they can bypass alls spam checks on the forum and then I have a big problem.

It would require custom development to disable checks on a per content type basis.
Ok, thank to confirm that Chris.

Maybe it would be a good idea to separate this from the forum (thread) spam check? I might make a suggestion for this. But I have to see how this can be done in a good and simple way.

Surely if you can trust at least some members of bypassing a spam check in conversations then you can trust them in posts on the forums. I'm not suggesting you give that permission to everyone, just to some eg members who have been around for a while or those who have made a certain number of posts.

IMO if you can't trust certain members with their posts not to post spam, you shouldn't trust them in conversations.

Surely if you can trust at least some members of bypassing a spam check in conversations then you can trust them in posts on the forums. I'm not suggesting you give that permission to everyone, just to some eg members who have been around for a while or those who have made a certain number of posts.

IMO if you can't trust certain members with their posts not to post spam, you shouldn't trust them in conversations.

It's just about new members (Filtering the spammers from the real people), members with 5+ posts are trusted and they have no problems.
New members have to start somewhere, and if they are constantly limited they leave.
But I have to set strict spam rules because otherwise I get spam everywhere on my forum.
I'm blocking 99 % of spam now, but because of there strong rules my new members are limited in sending url's in conversations.
Conversations are used a lot on my forum to discus private information to do things together. Many of these members just joined the forum and have less than 5 posts.

I probably need someone to make an add-on for this.
I will also make a suggestion to split up the spam rules / settings per content.

So if it's just new members with less than 5 posts, give those with 5+ posts The Bypass Spam Check permission. Simple.

Please read what I wrote.
I don't think you understand the problem. Members with 5+ posts have no problem. They can already bypass the spam check.
It's about the new members with less than 5 posts.

Please read what I wrote.
I don't think you understand the problem. Members with 5+ posts have no problem. They can already bypass the spam check.
It's about the new members with less than 5 posts.
Yes and I don't think you understand either. These new members with less than 5 posts are new. You don't trust them with spam posts, you shouldn't trust them with conversations either. It shouldn't take long for them to make 5 posts and get the bypass spam filter so I don't see what the issue is. If they are making conversation posts rather than forum posts at this early stage in signing up to your site, you should be wary of them anyway.

Top Bottom