DigitalPoint's Drag and Drop Threads Mod

I see nowhere that Shawn is saying he made that plugin, or if it is just a prototype or mockup, or if that's a working first version. Maybe it's a none-functioning mockup video for his developer saying: look, this is basically what I want it to do. Maybe he's already gotten this in use on his test board and moved on to the next thing.

It's managerjosh just posting here going 'look, this is by digitalpoint'
For all we know josh made this video, using shawn's avatar and claims it's made by dp.

It all sounds unlikely to me, and I think knowing shawns working on xenforo plugins and can actually code, and knows what he wants .. I see no reason why someone would shout "fake" just because they didn't get the free .zip on a gold platter.

Come on Floris :p You should know me by now that I would never do such a thing :D :whistle:

Lol... it's real, and working other than the link for giving a warning is not functional yet (just haven't gotten to it). The way it works is exactly how it works with our vB4 (and vB3 before that) version. The forum jump is (clicking on forum tab) is available for all users... If a mod/admin tries to drag a thread, the forum jump menu becomes a drop-zone for the thread.

You don't need to click the forum jump menu to engage it... I just did that to show the forum jump menu.

It's just one of about 500 custom things I need to build for XF so we don't lose functionality (I believe that is the 15th XF addon I've finished).

Lol... it's real, and working other than the link for giving a warning is not functional yet (just haven't gotten to it). The way it works is exactly how it works with our vB4 (and vB3 before that) version. The forum jump is (clicking on forum tab) is available for all users... If a mod/admin tries to drag a thread, the forum jump menu becomes a drop-zone for the thread.

You don't need to click the forum jump menu to engage it... I just did that to show the forum jump menu.

It's just one of about 500 custom things I need to build for XF so we don't lose functionality (I believe that is the 15th XF addon I've finished).

So, the question: are you releasing it? :D

Not sure yet... just focusing on getting stuff done mostly before I start tossing stuff out for other people and they start bugging me about features they want and all that. :)
Understandably, although you could release it "as is" without support or updates. Helps to have more than one set of eyes on a product, bugs and all :D

Well... it's not really currently written to be modular. And as I said earlier, it's not 100% working (the one-click option to give a warning for posting in the wrong area is just a placeholder... haven't done that yet). And how many sites really have an infraction/warning for posting in the wrong section? :)

So at this point it just becomes extra work to add settings rather than hard code stuff (like yes/no show option to give warning for posting in wrong area)... also more work to modularize it (splitting the JS out into a separate file). And it also requires a couple template edits... which is just annoying trying to support people doing them.

Not saying I won't in the future, but right now I just need to focus on getting all this custom stuff working on XF.

I need to get stuff done... not have everyone bugging me with "omg, gimme!" :)

You will see them all soon enough...
Umm, from my limited knowledge about programming; it seems that this is JS magic and handled by browsers. Is there a chance this affects server performance? (stupid question, I know).

LOL poor Digitalpoint. :)

Just keep doing your thing. Whether you release anything else or not, you've already given a lot back to many forumites.

If you look close at the video, you can actually see something else I finished up (unrelated to the drag and drop stuff). ;)

Maybe it's a none-functioning mockup video for his developer saying: look, this is basically what I want it to do.
Er... I code everything myself. And it sure as hell would take me a lot longer to make a fake non-functioning mockup video. I can code the WORKING version in less time than it would take me to make a fake video. :)

BTW - if you figure out how to clone people with their brain intact, let me know so I can clone like 10 of me and enslave them so I can finally HAVE developers. :)

It's a really, really old function I originally built for vBulletin 3.5 in 2005... then rebuilt for vB4 last year when we migrated. And now built a third time for XenForo. :)

The video isn't there any more, but you can see someone talking about the function (with a screenshot) from WAY back in the day...

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/002628.html

There's a massive amount of custom stuff I've built for digitalpoint.com... people just dont notice most of it or in the case of the drag and drop threads, they don't have access to see since they aren't a mod. :)

Top Bottom