1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delicious tiny feature

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Shanj, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

I just found this adorable feature ...
    there's the avatar pic LEFT <---- on a thread list for a thread creator - obviously.

But HERE in heavenly XF if I'm tracking a thread it's shown by a cute tiny tiny version of my avatar overlapping the creator's avatar on its bottom right corner.

attached pic

Something about that makes me go all wiggly and giggly.
    Quite something for a formidable matriarch person.

Attached Files:

Kier likes this.
  2. David Thomas

David Thomas Active Member

Fondly referred to around here as "Mini Me", or some variation thereof.
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

Yep, I quite like it too :)
  4. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

It's not you. It's your MiniShanji inside yourself, in the therapeutic world referred to as Shanji's inner child... ;)
  5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to like it more than the old envelopes everyone else uses. It takes time to get used too, and we lose the 'hot topic' highlight, but it's innovative and looks good. I also makes it more obvious who posted the thread.
  6. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I personally think that the hot topic indicator was redundant - especially with reply counts being so obviously displayed. It's now the visitor's own judgement to say whether a thread is hot or not, based on their own parameters.
    Grover and Abomination like this.
  7. soloarquitectura

soloarquitectura Active Member

That's right.
    It's something I've never come to see value.
    Although I imagine that there are users who request, because humans are creatures of habit.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

They can always learn new habits then ;).
  9. David Thomas

Sometimes there's no need to. ;)
  10. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Getting users to stop depending on useless features like 'Hot topics' is needed.

So are a lot of things that are pretty pointless with a lot of systems. 
  11. David Thomas

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
  12. John

John Well-Known Member

I find that I can quickly see threads I've replied to quicker than any other method I've seen to date. I actually find myself looking for it first when trying to find a thread I want to reply in rather than the thread title first.
  13. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Same! At first I was pretty unsure about the mini mes - or that this would work, but now I do like it!

As a designer though, I will miss the icons! They were fun to make and added a lot of style and visual interest to a Theme.

Onimua likes this.