1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you call that "picture in picture" feature for threads members respond in?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by SneakyDave, Aug 12, 2010.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

I just noticed the small avatar of your own userid that shows up to the bottom right of the thread owners avater on the forum list, looking like a "picture in picture" display. Is there an offical xenforo name for it, I like it better than the "dot" or whatever else was being used to signify that "you" had participated in that thread.

Attached Files:

• pip.png
      pip.png
      File size:
      15.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It means "you've posted" in that thread. :) The dot to the right means an unread post as been made.

SneakyDave likes this.
  3. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand that, I like it, but is there a name for it? Is it the "image that shows that you've posted in a thread" feature?

The "dot" I was referring to was the system in vB 2.0 and later that would indicate that you had replied to the thread.

4. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I think it's likely to be referred to forever as the "mini-me" feature.

Darkimmortal and SneakyDave like this.
  5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

The poll says it all, it's called the Mini-Me feature.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of which, was the new post icon ever resolved or has it been put on the back burner?
    Or is the blue dot staying?

7. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think Kier said it's gonna change.

Enigma likes this.
  8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

What poll? Is there a thread for discussion about this or can we discuss it here? Honestly, I like it but I wish it was a bit smaller. :)

9. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

SneakyDave likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

It was actually intentionally made bigger than its previous iteration.

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

It's now officially been named, mini-me.

captainslater likes this.