1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Deleted User liked - no one deleted

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Big Dan, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Hi Guys,

I have an issue on my board in my moderators forum. See the attached screenshot. One of my posts says (deleted user) thanked my post. Problem is none of my staff members have been deleted and no one else has permission to view the forum.

Any idea on what would cause this? Ordinally I'd just chalk it up as a fluke but since it's a sensitive area I'm a bit worried.

deleted-user.PNG
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Have you merged any users? That triggers a user delete as well.

3. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Not anytime in the last month and not anyone who has access to that forum.

4. Mike

You'd need to look into the database to see the user IDs that are listed to have liked the content (xf_liked_content table).

5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Shouldn't a merge move the like to the destination user?

Daniel Hood, Liam W and Adam Howard like this.
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe it does, but if I remember correctly, those displays are cached, so until a like action is performed on the specific posts it remains attributed to the old user.

Adam Howard likes this.
  7. Mike

It does move them, though there's a case where they're actually the same people. (And there could always be a bug.)

Adam Howard likes this.
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

9. Jeremy

I stand corrected, I missed that bug fix. I'd go with what Mike said in the previous post then.

10. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

It gets weirder. The post ID is 528155.

The database only shows 2 likes which are displayed within Xenforo plus the (deleted user).

like-sql.PNG

11. Mike

Since you blanked out the name(s), it looks like/I assumed that there were only 2 people that liked the post: one valid one and one "deleted user". Is that not the case?

But in general, that seems to imply that it might just be a cache bug. Liking and unliking the post should fix it.

Big Dan and Adam Howard like this.
  12. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Actually 2 people and a third deleted user are listed as likers. I'll chalk it up to a fluke. I was just worried as it's the moderator's forum.

13. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Was it maybe from a former staff member?

14. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

I haven't removed any moderators recently. In fact I haven't' removed any since we moved to XF.

15. Jeremy

Is it from an import? From what software? I believe at least the vBulletin and IPB importers import certain items as likes and may have carried one over.

16. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

It's from an imported vB 4 board. This phantom like was on a post added after the import though.