1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Deleted User liking a post

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by dabollicks, Dec 2, 2013.

1. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

Ive had a post liked by a deleted user. The board has always been XF, so not an import, and I only have 2 deleted users that immediately spring to mind, but these were deleted a long time ago, so im a bit puzzled as to why or how this happened

Any ideas?

Screenshot attached

photo.PNG

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

To be sure, we'd need to see the ID of the user attached to that particular like (in the xf_liked_content table). It could be something like merging users (though likes should be brought across if possible).

3. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

Hi Mike

Just been looking through the database and can only find one like for that post, highlighted in the attached image

upload_2013-12-2_17-32-34.png

4. Mike

That's a bit strange then. Not sure off hand what would trigger that. If you like and then un-like that post, does it remove the name?

5. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

Just tried that but it still remains

6. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

Just been searching the recent activity and stumbled across this
    image.jpg

Same user liking the post twice

7. Mike

How did you identify that there was just one like? If you just browsed the table directly, you may have missed the other one as they won't necessarily be in order. You likely need to search by the post ID.

There is a unique constraint in place in MySQL that physically prevents the same post twice; the double news feed could be from a like/unlike.

If you did the like/unlike, that would rebuild the like cache which is reading the data fresh from the DB.

8. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

I searched by post ID and only found that one entry. I'll have another look in the morning to double check

9. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

Had another look at the database and can only find that one entry for the post in question. I've liked and unliked the post several times now but still can't get rid of the deleted user like

10. Mike

I'd have to see what the query is returning. Could you submit a support ticket with FTP and admin CP access details?