As designed Delete Current Avatar Check Box Missing

Its not a bug. Because you're using Gravatar not custom avatar uploaded so can't remove. *Similar for me* :D
I'm not so sure I use Gravatar also and I have the option to delete my current avatar

Edit: was going to provide a screenshot but that is impossible with Safari on iOS 8 currently.

After looking into the code:
Code:
    setCropFormVisibility: function(avatarDate)
     {
       if (parseInt(avatarDate, 10))
       {
         this.$form.find('#DeleteAvatar').removeAttr('checked');
         $('label[for=DeleteAvatar], #ExistingCustom').xfFadeIn(XenForo.speed.normal);
       }
       else
       {
         $('label[for=DeleteAvatar], #ExistingCustom').hide();
       }
     }
The check box only shows up when you have a custom avatar uploaded regardless of which radio button you have selected...

After looking into the code:
Code:
    setCropFormVisibility: function(avatarDate)
     {
       if (parseInt(avatarDate, 10))
       {
         this.$form.find('#DeleteAvatar').removeAttr('checked');
         $('label[for=DeleteAvatar], #ExistingCustom').xfFadeIn(XenForo.speed.normal);
       }
       else
       {
         $('label[for=DeleteAvatar], #ExistingCustom').hide();
       }
     }
The check box only shows up when you have a custom avatar uploaded regardless of which radio button you have selected...
Confirmed
imagea12vb.webp

How come everyone else's says "Browse" and mine says "Choose File"? Possibly because i already have a image uploaded? Nope.. Maybe a browser thing? <---- Never mind just checked it is browser related.. Just one of those things that peaked my curiosity.

Last edited:
Switching to Gravatar doesn't necessarily remove your custom avatar. You'll still see the option if you have one saved locally. I'm not going to change anything around here right now as the code is fairly entwined with this only showing up when there's a custom avatar, but selecting the "upload" radio but not doing anything would actually do the same thing.

Switching to Gravatar doesn't necessarily remove your custom avatar. You'll still see the option if you have one saved locally. I'm not going to change anything around here right now as the code is fairly entwined with this only showing up when there's a custom avatar, but selecting the "upload" radio but not doing anything would actually do the same thing.

Hm. Then I must have remembered wrong. I thought the deletion check box was there when no local avatar was saved.

Thanks!

Top Bottom