Death Note

Adam Howard

Imagine you find a black covered notebook on the ground. You lift it up and turn it facing toward you and can clearly read a white letter written title on the front cover which reads, Death Note. You open it up only to discover it is completely filled with blank pages, but on the inside cover you find the following engraved instructions;
  • The person whose name is written in this notebook shall die.
  • This notebook will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
  • If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
  • If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
  • After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
What do you do?

On a related note, for anyone who hasn't watched the Death Note anime, it's well worth a watch even if you aren't into that kind of thing. Makes a great 'starter' anime (sits mostly outside the negative stereotypes) and has a somewhat decent english dub etc. Overall would highly recommend it, definitely in my top 10.

Reminds of:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't like the movie, but it's an interesting concept. Basically you get a box with a button on top. If you push the button then a person will die and you will receive 1 million dollars. The person that you kill by pushing the button is guaranteed to be some one you don't know. So you kill some one you don't know in exchange for 1 million dollars. After you receive the money the box is given to some one else who is offered the same opportunity, and that person is guaranteed to be some one you don't know.

The moral is that you shouldn't play with dark magic.

I didn't like the movie, but it's an interesting concept. Basically you get a box with a button on top. If you push the button then a person will die and you will receive 1 million dollars. The person that you kill by pushing the button is guaranteed to be some one you don't know. So you kill some one you don't know in exchange for 1 million dollars. After you receive the money the box is given to some one else who is offered the same opportunity, and that person is guaranteed to be some one you don't know.

That sounds more like a twisted off shoot of Schrödinger's thought experiment.

First, be thankful that BamaStangGuy is nice enough to post his picture as an avatar.

Then I will proceed to write out how he died from dehydration while vigorously defending XF for 3 days straight, in a posting marathon in the Concerns thread.

On second thought, I would write down my own name and explain how I died from cardiac arrest after being held for decades as the love slave for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

I'm good with either.

Reminds of:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never watched this movie, however I'm guessing that you'll be next on the hit list if you push the button? :ROFLMAO:

On a related note, for anyone who hasn't watched the Death Note anime, it's well worth a watch even if you aren't into that kind of thing. Makes a great 'starter' anime (sits mostly outside the negative stereotypes) and has a somewhat decent english dub etc. Overall would highly recommend it, definitely in my top 10.
My sister actually showed me this on YouTube and the version I watched was all spoken in English, no sub titles needed.

Was an outstanding show (all 37 episodes).

Very good anime, we have the DVD collection.

My son looks scarily like the main character who has the Death Note book :o

Top Bottom