1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death Note

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam Howard, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Imagine you find a black covered notebook on the ground. You lift it up and turn it facing toward you and can clearly read a white letter written title on the front cover which reads, Death Note. You open it up only to discover it is completely filled with blank pages, but on the inside cover you find the following engraved instructions;
    • The person whose name is written in this notebook shall die.
    • This notebook will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
    • If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
    • If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
    • After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
    What do you do?
  2. Numenorean7

Numenorean7 Member

Burn it! This thing must not fall in the wrong hands.
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  3. BGL

BGL Well-Known Member

Change my mushroom supplier.
    Paul, 0xym0r0n, Adam Howard and 2 others like this.
  4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sell it on ebay.
  5. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Write L's real name in book first. File book on shelf, call it a day.
    Adam Howard and Darkimmortal like this.
  6. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

On a related note, for anyone who hasn't watched the Death Note anime, it's well worth a watch even if you aren't into that kind of thing. Makes a great 'starter' anime (sits mostly outside the negative stereotypes) and has a somewhat decent english dub etc. Overall would highly recommend it, definitely in my top 10.
    0xym0r0n, Adam Howard and M@rc like this.
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

vBulletin 4
    death by spaghetti code.

Wait it's already dead !
  8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Reminds of:

I didn't like the movie, but it's an interesting concept. Basically you get a box with a button on top. If you push the button then a person will die and you will receive 1 million dollars. The person that you kill by pushing the button is guaranteed to be some one you don't know. So you kill some one you don't know in exchange for 1 million dollars. After you receive the money the box is given to some one else who is offered the same opportunity, and that person is guaranteed to be some one you don't know.

The moral is that you shouldn't play with dark magic.
    yavuz and whynot like this.
  9. BGL

BGL Well-Known Member

Not even for a million bucks and guarantee of witness protection?
  10. Jake Bunce

Only if your protectors are practiced in the same magic. Otherwise they can't protect you. But that again is employing dark magic which is still a losing proposition.
  11. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

That sounds more like a twisted off shoot of Schrödinger's thought experiment.
  12. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Use piece by piece to wipe my bum with... see if anyone wants to write a name in it then. :eek:
  13. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

First, be thankful that BamaStangGuy is nice enough to post his picture as an avatar.

Then I will proceed to write out how he died from dehydration while vigorously defending XF for 3 days straight, in a posting marathon in the Concerns thread.

On second thought, I would write down my own name and explain how I died from cardiac arrest after being held for decades as the love slave for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

I'm good with either.
    0xym0r0n and Jake Bunce like this.
  14. Jake Bunce

15. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

Never watched this movie, however I'm guessing that you'll be next on the hit list if you push the button? :ROFLMAO:
  16. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

My sister actually showed me this on YouTube and the version I watched was all spoken in English, no sub titles needed.

Was an outstanding show (all 37 episodes).
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  17. Jake Bunce

Sort of. They make you kill yourself.
  18. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Very good anime, we have the DVD collection.

My son looks scarily like the main character who has the Death Note book :eek:
  19. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

My bro was obsessed with death note and it's very good. One of the better animes I've watched.