[DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging

[DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($17.49)
How can I take over old Hashtags?
In order for already written Hashtags To be recognized, I have to resave the Post.
Isn't that automatic or with an SQL query maybe?
Unfortunately that’s not possible without extensive programming to reparse all posts, sorry.

In the vb4 version....there was an option to limit hashtag character length to avoid making tags for people saying things like #1 in posts or such...or a blacklist or something right?
i noticed it making a problem a few weeks ago......but then just now i noticed in some cases it can break BBcode in posts even for simple thing like color and Italic.

Could you port that option in? or did i miss it somewhere?

also....since moving from vb with this addon we have several [mention=8938 type tags all over the place....is there a way to convert or even remove those?

also....since moving from vb with this addon we have several [mention=8938 type tags all over the place....is there a way to convert or even remove those?
[/QUOTE]
You could try the post search & replace addon by the XF team released here :)

hmm...well i thought even to just run an sql query but i do not know the code well enough to know how to cut out the userid#s...

do you know the way? ..some kind of wildcard command?

hmm...well i thought even to just run an sql query but i do not know the code well enough to know how to cut out the userid#s...

do you know the way? ..some kind of wildcard command?
Sorry, I couldn't say. Even if I did have an idea, I would not feel comfortable posting it as running these kind of SQL queries could cause data loss and I don't want to be held responsible for that.

Sorry, I couldn't say. Even if I did have an idea, I would not feel comfortable posting it as running these kind of SQL queries could cause data loss and I don't want to be held responsible for that.

nice answer lol......no idea, and even if i did wouldnt tell you....great attitude for supporting your customers....

anyway....if anyone else wants to solve this issue.....i can tell you.....didnt even code this addon or anything but the replace we ran here by pure logic is

[MENTION to [USER

and

[/MENTION to [/USER

bam fixed....bobs your uncle your welcome ;P

nice answer lol......no idea, and even if i did wouldnt tell you....great attitude for supporting your customers....
Sorry, I don't think I was being very clear in my previous reply. In my defence, I was typing via mobile so I was perhaps a bit more short than I should have been 😅

What I meant to say was that when making database queries that changes the data stored in the database, there's always a risk that something goes wrong. If I told you to run a query that changed more than either of us intended or wanted it to, and possibly caused some of your posts' text to go missing, you would be pretty upset, no?

I would be pretty upset too, as I don't want to destroy anyone's data, whether they are a customer of ours or not.

Which brings us to this particular point; I have never converted old vB [MENTION] tags to XF2's equivalent before, so I don't know the extent of the changes needed. If I did know the changes needed, I would be guessing as to whether the query I wrote would actually do what I wanted, or whether it would destroy data as mentioned above.
(If you're curious, when I upgraded DBTech I simply added a custom BBCode in XenForo that changed the old [MENTION] tags to plain text.)

In order to ensure that I am not responsible for destroying any data, I choose not to tell people to run queries if I am not one hundred percent sure I know exactly what the query will do, no more and no less than what I intend for it to do.

Clearly you feel that I should know how to convert those BBCodes and that I should take that risk with customers' data, and that you would be willing to take that risk. I can only apologise that I failed to meet your expectations in this matter, and ask for your understanding.

Thank you.

anyway....if anyone else wants to solve this issue.....i can tell you.....didnt even code this addon or anything but the replace we ran here by pure logic is

[MENTION to [USER

and

[/MENTION to [/USER

bam fixed....bobs your uncle your welcome ;P

+1 for outside the box thinking :).

Here's how we dealt with ours (by creating a custom bb code):

bbcodemention.webp

Anyway, @DragonByte Tech I actually reported this issue a while back and was hoping the issue would be fixed by now (my license just recently expired) but it's still an issue - URLs get messed up when a URL with a post anchor is posted. You can see an example of this in action here: https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/86649/

You can see the issue here:

sds.webp

Anyway, @DragonByte Tech I actually reported this issue a while back and was hoping the issue would be fixed by now (my license just recently expired) but it's still an issue - URLs get messed up when a URL with a post anchor is posted.
Sorry, I am unable to replicate this issue:

Thanks for testing. I'm trying some on my end as well. This is just so weird.

I can't imagine it would have something to do with the fact that we use Litespeed, not nginx or apache. I've ruled out so many other things....
Have you tried disabling all other add-ons?

Is there a chance this add-on could also mention all users who replied and/or reacted to the first post of the thread?

With something like @all

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version fixes a reported issue where an URL with a post anchor like dragonbyte-tech.com/#anchor would incorrectly be converted to a hash tag rather than parsed as part of the link.

The registration defaults have also been changed, no longer requiring an entirely separate setting. The toggles can be found inside XF's own registrationDefaults setting.

Complete Change Log

Change: Merged registration...

Read the rest of this update entry...

We have this error on 1.6.0 Beta 1

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: Cannot call method canWatch on a non-object (NULL) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:984

Generated by: PanchoG Aug 13, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Cannot call met...', '/home/clubzoa/p...', 984, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(984): trigger_error('Cannot call met...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s8/public/dbtech_usertagging_hash_search_results.php(45): XF\Template\Templater->method(NULL, 'canWatch', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('dbtech_usertagg...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('DBTech\\UserTagg...', 'public:dbtech_u...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(23) "/dbtech-usertag/hashes/"
  ["referrer"] => string(63) "https://www.reef2reef.com/dbtech-usertag/hashes/apexusers.1432/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This one may be related to this add-on as well:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]                
[*]ErrorException: Template error: Template public:alert_post_xm_hashtag is unknown
[*]               
[*]src/XF/Template/Templater.php:618
[*]            
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*]                
[*]Generated by: 100gallonreefer
[*]               
[*]Aug 11, 2019 at 5:10 PM
[*]            
[/LIST]

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/clubzoa/p...', 618, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(618): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'alert_post_xm_h...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1314): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'alert_post_xm_h...')
#4 src/XF/Alert/AbstractHandler.php(80): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('alert_post_xm_h...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Entity/UserAlert.php(69): XF\Alert\AbstractHandler->render(Object(Tapatalk\XF\Entity\UserAlert))
#6 [internal function]: XF\Entity\UserAlert->render()
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(999): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/alert_macros.php(18): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(Tapatalk\XF\Entity\UserAlert), 'render', Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/account_alerts_popup.php(18): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('alert_macros', 'row', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('account_alerts_...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#19 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#21 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#22 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(263) "/account/alerts-popup?_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2Fbang-4-ur-buck-new-210g-the-biggest-tank-i-could-fit-in-my-office-oh-and-they-deliver-for-50.555286%2Fpage-2&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1565557774%2Ca905243f35bf029bd8cd040e788b4d18&_xfResponseType=json&_=1565557774943"
["referrer"] => string(140) "https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bang-4-ur-buck-new-210g-the-biggest-tank-i-could-fit-in-my-office-oh-and-they-deliver-for-50.555286/page-2"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(115) "/threads/bang-4-ur-buck-new-210g-the-biggest-tank-i-could-fit-in-my-office-oh-and-they-deliver-for-50.555286/page-2"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1565557774,a905243f35bf029bd8cd040e788b4d18"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
["_"] => string(13) "1565557774943"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Top Bottom