[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
Yes, the credits transaction log does list it, but it doesn't include the item name, so a user can't tell what they purchased. It just says "DragonByte Shop - Sale" for everything.
Just see reposting this since it was skipped.

Like you said, there doesn't have to be a shop transaction log since you already have a credit log that's integrated with the shop. However, for the credit log, it would be better if the item name was included for shop purchases.

We've been using this on VB for years and members use the transaction log all the time. If we switch to XF2 without this log, I know immediately we'll get complaints from members saying the log doesn't show what they purchased.

Hopefully adding the shop item name to the credit log is possible. I have a few other requests also and don't mind paying for it.

This is so confusing, even tho I use the same currency I created in the DragonByte Credits add-on, I see two different currency amounts in the shop and in the navbar menu.

Also, I can't find a way to make an item consumable. For example, if I buy an item to change my username, why on earth wouldn't it consume? Users might be able to change their usernames unlimited times this way, and it's not what I want.

I wish there was some kind of documentation, as I hope I'm the one who's missing something, and not that the add-on needs so many enhancements in order to be considered as fully working. I was thinking it was worth the money, but if I have to be honest, this seems much more like a "work in progress" at early stages. Many errors here and there when trying to purchase items, and even when clicking on item icons. If you click the big icon you get the description of it (in the shop), while if you click on the small icon next to it, you get a console error. Another bug: If you select a username which is already in use or if it's part of banned usernames, you get another console error along with the message which says that it cannot be selected.

I'll pray for some fixes and replies. Thank you.

Last edited:
When you create an item, there's settings to discard the item on use or after it expires and also an option so they can't reconfigure it multiple times.

Automatically Discard After Use
Automatically Discard After Expires
Allow Re-Configuration

Use the credit currency from the Credit addon, not points from the shop.

Go to Manage Currencies in the shop settings. Edit the "points" currency.

Title: rename to credits
Points Column: change to dbtech_credits_credits
Integrated Currency: make sure to select Credits

Thanks @mikez006 but I can't seem to be able to use the item unless I set it as "Allow Re-Configuration". But when enabling "Allow Re-Configuration" it's true that I can use it finally, but I cannot discard it after use, even tho it's what I would like to do, so people would use the item and then it would disappear from their inventory. Hope it makes sense.

Also, it seems I'm unable to modify the currency for an user. After saving the new amount, it gets reverted back to the original old value.

Automatically Discard After Use : yes
Allow Re-Configuration: no

Once the user changes their username, the item will be automatically discarded.

I'm not sure about the currency. Try "Rebuild data" after you make the currency changes.

A few suggestions:

- Possibility to set a max number of daily attempts for the steal feature
- Change the steal amount from percentage to fixed amount of credits (it's crazy and heavily unbalanced to steal a percentage of a huge amount of credits from a rich user with just a very few credits on your side)
- Allow items with negative price (for events etc, or to make them somehow give the user a fixed or random amount of credits after usage)

Bug reporting:

When the event DragonByte Shop - Sale applies, in the alert notification the users receive this unformatted text:

dbtech_credits_gained_x_y_via_dbtech_shop.sale

This happens because of a mistyped template phrase name.

I think it should be called:

dbtech_credits.gained_x_y_via_dbtech_shop_sale instead, as this latter phrase do already exist.

Anyways I solved the issue by creating a custom phrase named:

"dbtech_credits_gained_x_y_via_dbtech_shop.sale"

With this description:

"You earned <a {param3}>{param1} {param2}</a> for someone buying from you in the Shop."

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
The Lottery next draw date always displays 1 Jan 1970 in the description (not in the tool tip) while the tool tip doesn't parse the xenforo html, resulting in a visible div class bbWrapper as text.

Can users receive credits by purchasing an item?

Let's say I want to make a give away where people can buy an item like a gift box (for 1 credit so that everyone can afford it) , and when purchased it's automatically consumed (discarded) or they can decide to use it in order to enable its effect and when they do it they will receive 500 credits.

Can this be done by any chance?

Thanks.

Thanks Fillip. If somehow you manage to introduce the possibility to give random rewards by purchasing an item (random credits or some items from the dragonbyte shop) I'm willing to support you more.

In the meantime, happy Easter everyone.

Top Bottom