[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

DragonByte Shop v4.0.0 Beta 8

New Features:
  • Added compatibility with upcoming "Integration" product designed to create a dedicated AdminCP tab for all DragonByte Tech products

Changed Features:
Item Configuration
  • The Postbit Highlight items now take a thread ID as opposed to post ID, and will highlight all of the user’s postbit entries in that thread

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed visual issues with the AdminCP breadcrumbs

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm considering purchasing this add-on, I just had a couple of questions.

1. Is there a character limit for the item descriptions? And do they support html? I'd need pretty lengthy descriptions with formatting.

2. Are there plans to make inventory visible on the user profile?

3. Is it possible for a user to configure which inventory items show on their postbit?

1. Is there a character limit for the item descriptions? And do they support html? I'd need pretty lengthy descriptions with formatting.
I believe the data type used for storing the description can support up to 16 MB worth of text, which should be enough I hope :D To be honest, I haven't tested them with HTML, but I do know that they do not parse BB Code at this time. If HTML turned out not to work for you, I would be happy to work with you to change the code to either support BB Code or HTML :)

2. Are there plans to make inventory visible on the user profile?
Definitely, that is something that will get added to a future version. When I first ported the Shop mod, I didn't know how to integrate with the user profile, but I've since had the opportunity to do further research into how to accomplish this :)

3. Is it possible for a user to configure which inventory items show on their postbit?
Users have the ability to tick a box to hide items they do not wish to appear in their postbit (will also apply to the member profile). Admins can force an item to be hidden, too. Other than that, items are shown in order of purchase date (descending, limited to 5 by default, changeable by administrators).

Fillip

I believe the data type used for storing the description can support up to 16 MB worth of text, which should be enough I hope :D To be honest, I haven't tested them with HTML, but I do know that they do not parse BB Code at this time. If HTML turned out not to work for you, I would be happy to work with you to change the code to either support BB Code or HTML :)

Definitely, that is something that will get added to a future version. When I first ported the Shop mod, I didn't know how to integrate with the user profile, but I've since had the opportunity to do further research into how to accomplish this :)

Users have the ability to tick a box to hide items they do not wish to appear in their postbit (will also apply to the member profile). Admins can force an item to be hidden, too. Other than that, items are shown in order of purchase date (descending, limited to 5 by default, changeable by administrators).

Fillip
HTML does not currently work in item descriptions. Bbcode parsing would be ideal

Does this allow for the purchase of alterations to other users accounts? User A pays X to change user B's user title for Y days, for example.

Does this allow for the purchase of alterations to other users accounts? User A pays X to change user B's user title for Y days, for example.
It does :)

Currently, in order to change someone else's user title, you have to create an item that has "Allow Gift" set to Yes, "Allow Re-Gift" set to "No", "Allow Re-Configuration" set to "No", and a duration. The member who wishes to change someone else's user title will then need to buy the item, go to their inventory, click the item info button, click Gift, and fill out the configuration on the gift screen before sending it off to the other user.

That will achieve what you want :)

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech

Can you look at optimization of the postbit item display so that maybe it doesn't slow thread page loads quite as much?

It had nothing to do with the shop mod.

Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech

Can you look at optimization of the postbit item display so that maybe it doesn't slow thread page loads quite as much?
I have tested this @ your site and there is literally no difference whatsoever in the page load times of a thread when the Shop event listeners are enabled.

Using the standard method of testing, I loaded the page 10 times and discarded the highest and lowest page load times.
With the DragonByte Shop event listeners enabled, the average page load time was 0.135 seconds
With the DragonByte Shop event listeners disabled, the average page load time was 0.136 seconds

This is well within the margin of error, leading me to conclude that there is no measurable difference.

Those results are consistent with the results I obtained on my local testing environment, but it's always good to have a live site to back up the findings with :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

4.0.0 Beta 10

New Features:

Currencies
  • Currencies can now have a prefix/suffix symbol
  • Currency Management now has the same capabilities as DragonByte Credits

Changed Features:
  • Internally, the currency management code has changed to prepare for better integration with DragonByte Credits

Bug Fixes:
  • Currencies were not displayed in the postbit as intended

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just purchased and installed the mod, and I have a couple of questions/suggestions.

1. Is it possible to turn off the cart? If possible, I'd like a one-click buy option (maybe with just a confirmation) since I have a fairly simple shop in mind.

2. Is it possible to create a usable permission item? Where the purchaser has to "use" it (and thus discard it) get the effect permanently applied to their account?

3. Can permission value items be incremental? For example, with a value of +1 or +2 to raise the user's current permission value by 1 or 2.

I have a roleplay site, and one of the things I'd like to use this for if possible is allow people to purchase an additional character slot from the site shop. I'm using the ThemeHouse subaccounts mod, which has a maximum subaccounts permission. I setup a permission item to change that value, but it doesn't look like it can increment it right now.

1. Is it possible to turn off the cart? If possible, I'd like a one-click buy option (maybe with just a confirmation) since I have a fairly simple shop in mind.
Unfortunately not at this time, sorry :(

2. Is it possible to create a usable permission item? Where the purchaser has to "use" it (and thus discard it) get the effect permanently applied to their account?
You can make an item with an unlimited duration, that would effectively be the same thing :)

3. Can permission value items be incremental? For example, with a value of +1 or +2 to raise the user's current permission value by 1 or 2.
Unfortunately that's not currently possible either, sorry :(

Fillip

In that case, it would be awesome if those can be added to the feature list in the future.

In the case of a usable permission item, I do see the unlimited duration, but I'm particularly interested in being able to discard an item and still keep that unlimited duration. If people are buying an "extra character slot" item, I don't want them to be forced to have 6+ items hanging around in their inventory forever if they want a lot of characters. Ideally, they would have to "use" the item to gain that enhancement, and then the item would be removed from their inventory, but the permission change would remain applied to their account.

I'm thinking if would be easier if I created a feature where an item is hidden from the buyer's profile / postbit, rather than create a whole new system for managing permission upgrades.

Admins would still be able to view these items from a member's inventory (in the upcoming version which adds this functionality).

Would that work for you?

Fillip

Hello,

I re-enabled the shop now that the credits are working perfectly, i do / did have the problem with the shop that from 4.0.0b10 i cant post anymore when the shop is enabled,
i do use for the shop still the shop points system for now so there is no inference with the credits and have this error:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method DBTech_Shop_Currency::_updateCurrencyAmount() - library/DBTech/Shop/Currency.php:35
Generated By: Darx, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "***.games4arcade.com/threads/test.68/add-reply"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(9) {
["message_html"] => string(15) "<p>test<br></p>"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(44) "***.games4arcade.com/threads/test.68/"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "b9a1aa394ba37951abc02120a25a20c2"
["last_date"] => string(10) "1459642555"
["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1459642555"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(17) "/threads/test.68/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I'm thinking if would be easier if I created a feature where an item is hidden from the buyer's profile / postbit, rather than create a whole new system for managing permission upgrades.

Admins would still be able to view these items from a member's inventory (in the upcoming version which adds this functionality).

Would that work for you?

Fillip
Yep, that would definitely work!

Top Bottom