[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your interest in DragonByte Shop :)

Unfortunately we don't have one at the moment, which is why we maxed out the allowed amount of screenshots :)

We will be working on getting one set up as soon as we can feel confident the demo site is secure. We had to shut down our vB demo site some years ago because malicious individuals were using it to attempt to exploit the server.

You can absolutely use [AD] Credits, you will need to know the column name it uses in the user table (and/or the table name it connects to), then you can add that as a currency :)

Postbit display is absolutely coming, I will make sure it is in next week's update guaranteed :)

This will be coming in a future update, I will let our Managing Director know you're interested in that feature so it will be prioritised higher :)

Fillip

I am also interested in letting my users have their own shops. This will be useful for my harry potter rpg. Any chance we can add the harry potter currency to a future update? I will happily contribute money wise to this update :D

I am also interested in letting my users have their own shops. This will be useful for my harry potter rpg. Any chance we can add the harry potter currency to a future update? I will happily contribute money wise to this update :D
How would that work? I mean items are defined by what's included so wouldn't they only be able to sell pre-existing products?

You can add whatever currency you want, if you have an existing credits mod that generates this currency you can simply integrate this with the shop mod :)

How would that work? I mean items are defined by what's included so wouldn't they only be able to sell pre-existing products?

Actually, when the user-created shops are implemented, users will be able to freely create new items using the "Custom Item" item type. This is an item type that has no actual functionality (e.g. it doesn't change usergroups, colours or anything of the sort), it's just an icon. They'll be able to control everything the admin can create when adding a new item, but they are restricted to this one item type :)

Fillip

You can add whatever currency you want, if you have an existing credits mod that generates this currency you can simply integrate this with the shop mod :)

Actually, when the user-created shops are implemented, users will be able to freely create new items using the "Custom Item" item type. This is an item type that has no actual functionality (e.g. it doesn't change usergroups, colours or anything of the sort), it's just an icon. They'll be able to control everything the admin can create when adding a new item, but they are restricted to this one item type :)

Fillip

Just waiting with buying this addon till users can create own shops:P Basicly we are a community based on a video game, so we want users to be able to sell their items from ingame with a currency of their choosing:P, also are users able to "Bid" on items? So there isnt a BO price but a Starting Bid and then people can bid it up?

Just waiting with buying this addon till users can create own shops:p Basicly we are a community based on a video game, so we want users to be able to sell their items from ingame with a currency of their choosing:p, also are users able to "Bid" on items? So there isnt a BO price but a Starting Bid and then people can bid it up?
We have no plans of creating auction functionality at this time. It'll all be fixed prices.

Fillip

We have no plans of creating auction functionality at this time. It'll all be fixed prices.

Fillip
Guess I will have to find a custom coder then, sadly. What is the idea of saying you will allow people to have their own shops on the website if all prices will be fixed anyways?

Guess I will have to find a custom coder then, sadly. What is the idea of saying you will allow people to have their own shops on the website if all prices will be fixed anyways?
You don't barter for your items on Amazon, and there's plenty of people and companies who sell their virtual items there.

If there's enough demand for a bidding system for user shops in DB Shop we would of course add it :) However, we'll need to collect feedback from people such as yourself in order to know!

Fillip

You don't barter for your items on Amazon, and there's plenty of people and companies who sell their virtual items there.

If there's enough demand for a bidding system for user shops in DB Shop we would of course add it :) However, we'll need to collect feedback from people such as yourself in order to know!

Fillip

Having auction system that uses the forum points would be pretty neat addon for several boards who want active community and members can earn free merchandise etc just by participating more on forums to earn points and use them for bidding on the items listed . Pretty much just another giveway type of auction where members will have to work and earn the points .

Having auction system that uses the forum points would be pretty neat addon for several boards who want active community and members can earn free merchandise etc just by participating more on forums to earn points and use them for bidding on the items listed . Pretty much just another giveway type of auction where members will have to work and earn the points .
Exactly :)

Thank you both for your feedback, I'll pass it along to our Managing Director immediately :)

To clarify why I hesitated on the idea in the first place; there's been demand for our DragonByte Classifieds mod to be ported to XF as well, and I believe that mod does support virtual currencies as well (or it may be a planned feature in the upcoming v2). Traditionally, we've been hesitant to duplicate functionality, but I can definitely see the value in having this kind of functionality directly in the shop mod as well.

Fillip

Thank you both for your feedback, I'll pass it along to our Managing Director immediately :)

To clarify why I hesitated on the idea in the first place; there's been demand for our DragonByte Classifieds mod to be ported to XF as well, and I believe that mod does support virtual currencies as well (or it may be a planned feature in the upcoming v2). Traditionally, we've been hesitant to duplicate functionality, but I can definitely see the value in having this kind of functionality directly in the shop mod as well.

Fillip

Yes there are several different ways to use it specially with full functional shop addon will engage community pretty well as well .

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

4.0.0 Beta 3

New Features:
  • New Item Type: Thread Highlight
  • New Item Type: Postbit Highlight
  • User-Created Shop Management
  • User-Create Item Management

Bug Fixes:
  • If a Custom Item has no Admin set fields, don’t offer a configure button
  • Purchasing multiple quantities of a single item in one transaction would not activate all the items
  • In certain scenarios, it was possible for a database error to occur even with completely valid input...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any demo yet:D Really want to see the user created shops in action^^ Also are people able to search through all the stores at once, so if I search for something specific, the shops with the item listed will show up:p?
Hi there,

There's no search function at this time, sorry :(

Fillip

What about a demo, would really liek to test this addon before buying.
It's a pretty big undertaking to set up a demo site and making sure it's secure, plus the added time to keep it up to date etc.

I'll bring it up with our Managing Director today though and see if I can speed up the process :)

Fillip

Anyone besides Kinmunity out there with a website with this addon up and running I can get to see? I would like to see how people are using this addon

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

4.0.0 Beta 4

New Features:
  • Members can now gift items to each other via their inventory

Changed Features:
  • Input boxes in the main lists in the AdminCP will now use the correct CSS

Bug Fixes:
  • Configuring a Custom Item would not work in certain scenarios
  • User-created shops would not correctly assign the shop to the current user
  • Users with no permissions to access shop creation will no longer see the navbar...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom