[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
I was looking for something like this:

[...]

I know you can extend all the code, but I had to do that with the other stores and it was just annoying, and a store plugin that makes it more easy to do this by having developers in mind would be awesome!
How about both? :)

I'll make sure to get the XFCP support added for Beta 2, and then I can look at the user fields to see how much hassle it would be to add that method as well. If that's easy enough, I'll definitely get it added for Beta 2 as well, if not I'll definitely add it in a future version :)

Fillip

Will this allow my members to buy "icons" with the points, and give them to other members for display in posts and profile?

Do you think in future there will be bidding option for members to use their points like auction system .

Will this allow my members to buy "icons" with the points, and give them to other members for display in posts and profile?
In Beta 1, gifting isn't possible unfortunately, but it's coming back in future updates :)

Do you think in future there will be bidding option for members to use their points like auction system .
I'm not sure if we'll add an actual auction system into this mod, that sounds more like a job for a Classifieds mod :)

Fillip

Hey all,

Do any of you have any requests / suggestions for Trophy criteria I can add to the mod? I've added "Items Purchased", but I'd be interested in hearing other ideas :)

Fillip

I'm really looking for a store with callback support, where I can do prechecks based on a callback and upon purchase it would execute another callback.

It would be nice since I want to adjust information in external databases so that would make this the perfect addon :)
Is this what you had in mind?
rct9Dj8.png

All callbacks other than Post-Purchase are executed prior to the action going through, and you can halt the action by returning a non-boolean value. If the return value is not boolean (true or false doesn't matter), the return value will be converted to string and used as the error message.

Fillip

Is this what you had in mind?
rct9Dj8.png

All callbacks other than Post-Purchase are executed prior to the action going through, and you can halt the action by returning a non-boolean value. If the return value is not boolean (true or false doesn't matter), the return value will be converted to string and used as the error message.

Fillip
Yep that's perfect :D

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

4.0.0 Beta 2

New Features:
  • If the "Usergroup Change" item uses additional usergroups, as opposed to changing the Primary Usergroup, this is now undone upon item deactivation
  • Points are now displayed in the postbit
  • Purchased items are now displayed in the postbit
  • Items that come pre-configured now extend their duration when a member buys a new item of the same configuration
  • You can now create Trophies using "User has purchased at least X items" as a criteria
  • You can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a demo of this store on xenforo?

Unfortunately we don't have one at the moment, which is why we maxed out the allowed amount of screenshots :)

We will be working on getting one set up as soon as we can feel confident the demo site is secure. We had to shut down our vB demo site some years ago because malicious individuals were using it to attempt to exploit the server.

I hope a demo will be installed soon. We know it's a beta but Screenshots raise a lot of questions.

I hope a demo will be installed soon. We know it's a beta but Screenshots raise a lot of questions.
Hi there,

Feel free to ask those questions and I will be happy to answer them :)

If there's anything specific you'd like to see in action, I could also make a screencast video demonstrating what specifically you're enquiring about.

Fillip

Could you show if it is possible to have invoices that meet legal requirements?
I would be interested in learning more about integration with other addons.
Would it be possible to upsell items for a term? What I mean is not only to sell the creation of an item but also to keep it in visible state for X days. Or to feature an item for the durstion of X days.
Would you consider support for highly popular addons like showcase and widget framework?
Are you planning multiple layouts?
Could you show the product page?

Could you show if it is possible to have invoices that meet legal requirements?
I think there might be a misunderstanding here. This modification does not sell real-world items. While we do have plans to create Payment API support, under no circumstances do we have plans to create the option to sell real-world items. We have a Classifieds mod we will be porting over to XenForo in the future, however :)

What this mod does is allow you to sell items that affect your forum, e.g. usergroup change, coloured usernames (markup usernames), coloured user titles, additional permissions, etc.

I would be interested in learning more about integration with other addons.
At the moment, you are able to integrate with any modification that generates "virtual points" on your forum, by adding a new currency (or editing the default currency) and pointing it to your "points mod" table/column.

Additionally, any usergroup permissions created by other modifications can be overridden by items created in this mod.

Would it be possible to upsell items for a term? What I mean is not only to sell the creation of an item but also to keep it in visible state for X days. Or to feature an item for the durstion of X days.
This is probably related to #1 - I don't believe it's particularly relevant for a virtual item store. But no, there's no "featured item" support at this time.

Would you consider support for highly popular addons like showcase and widget framework?
Would you be able to elaborate on what exactly you mean when you say supporting those addons?

Are you planning multiple layouts?
At this time we've no plans for other layouts, however the templates are fully customisable uses stock XenForo CSS for the most part :)

Could you show the product page?
337-png.127208
338-png.127209

Fillip

This modification does not sell real-world items.
Do you mean it sells only virtual products, but these can be paid for with real money. In that case legally that doesn't matter. Selling virtual goods requires you to provide an invoice. Such invoice needs to have a few specific things on it. Else the community can get into trouble with the tax office. Its possible to defer this to PayPal and create a PayPal invoice. However it needs to list all bought items.
If its not possible to pay for virtual items with real money then I am not sure how this addon works. Please explain.

This is probably related to #1 - I don't believe it's particularly relevant for a virtual item store. But no, there's no "featured item" support at this time.
XenForo has featured items. For example in the XenForo Resource Manager here:
Resources - XenForo Community 2016-02-02 20-37-33.webp
As many addons follow the XFRM example and use the same framework you will find featured items in many addons. And also @Brogan 's very popular & highest rated addon Featured Threads. This is what I mean with featured items.

It would be very interesting to sell featured items. This way people can pay to make their thread/resource/etc featured for a specific time. I know you are not supporting this right now, but I hope that its clear why this would be a useful addition to your addon. Its a suggestion that is requested for every major addon.

In regards to your screenshot of a product page. That's a category page. For example in the store on your website:
This is a category page: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/5-xenforo/
This is a product page: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/product/333-dragonbyte-shout/
The product page lists all description and specifics of the product.
Do I understand correctly that there is no page that lists description of the product?

If its not possible to pay for virtual items with real money then I am not sure how this addon works. Please explain.
Are you familiar with systems such as our vBActivity or vBCredits? I'm sure there are points mods for XenForo as well, though I'm not familiar with them.

Essentially, with a "Points system" you gain "points" for each time you perform an action on the forum. Posting a new thread may gain you 5 points. Posting a reply may gain you 1 point. Uploading an image, 3 points. Etc, etc.

This mod has the ability to make use of this virtual currency and use it as the currency for items. If you do not have such a modification installed, DragonByte Shop features a very basic system where you can get points for posting new threads and posting replies.

Have you never encountered this kind of system before?

XenForo has featured items. For example in the XenForo Resource Manager here:
View attachment 127666
As many addons follow the XFRM example and use the same framework you will find featured items in many addons. And also @Brogan 's very popular & highest rated addon Featured Threads. This is what I mean with featured items.
Oh, I think I understand what you mean. You mean I should add a new sellable item that lets their resource entry and/or thread become Featured if the forum has the Resource Manager and/or @Brogan's Featured Threads mod installed.

That's definitely something I can look into, I'll add it to the list :)

Do I understand correctly that there is no page that lists description of the product?
The items you sell in this mod do not need a dedicated product page like on our store. Everything the item does can be described in the title and/or description, which the user can view by clicking the item name in the category view. That's why I simply linked to those screenshots, there's nothing else needed :)

Fillip

Thanks Fillip for explaining,
Its clear now what this does. Its not a real shop where people can buy with money but a credits shop. Users can only spend credits and cannot fund their wallet with real money. Its similar to AD-Credits Shop.

Top Bottom