[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
It certainly could, although I would strongly recommend switching to a better host that does not place any hourly limitations. Also, if you have root access to your server through a control panel such as WHM (cPanel), you may be able to disable this hourly email restriction yourself. This is mostly true for self-managed or semi-managed VPS or Dedicated servers, it's unlikely a shared hosting package would allow this.

Fillip
It would just be a temporary solution. We have like 10,000 members on my forum but most of them have yet to log on again for years, so at some point, I plan on a finally push to bring some old members back, then cut the remaining out so that I have (hopefully) less than 500 members to send emails to :) (a lot of cleaning up to do haha)

any plan for update in near future?
We still are not able to use it for the things we discussed before. (you updated other add-ons. I think its time for this ;) )

any plan for update in near future?
We still are not able to use it for the things we discussed before. (you updated other add-ons. I think its time for this ;) )
Not yet unfortunately, I'm not sure when I'd be able to fit in the update as our schedule is pretty packed :)

Fillip

Just a quick question, is there also a way to use this to send a custom monthly newsletter, not only to include stats, but also to manually put in news from the forum?

Just a quick question, is there also a way to use this to send a custom monthly newsletter, not only to include stats, but also to manually put in news from the forum?
There's a manual newsletter but it cannot contain automatic stats, it's 100% manual. The digest where the popular threads are shown is 100% automatic, you cannot include specific news in it.

Fillip

Feature requests:
Please add support for the following addons, so we can send out latest content from:
  1. DragonByteTech Donate. (Mailings that include donation drives will generate income)
  2. XFMG
  3. XFRM
  4. Article Management System
  5. Showcase (Same framework as AMS)
  6. Vaultwiki
  7. Nobita Groups
  8. NixFifty Tickets (Show open tickets)
  9. Tag Essentials (watched tags)
  10. CTA Featured Threads (Manually selected threads)
Please also add support for the following stock XF functions:
  1. Unread Conversations
  2. User mentions
  3. Watched Threads
  4. Content by followed Users
  5. New followers
  6. Profile Posts
Please also add functionality to include:
  1. custom text
  2. custom header
  3. custom footer
I know it's a rather tall order, but the features above would change this addon to a full fledged mailing solution and really increase the usefulness of this addon.

Last edited:
Feature requests:
Please add support for the following addons, so we can send out latest content from:
  1. DragonByteTech Donate. (Mailings that include donation drives will generate income)
  2. XFMG
  3. XFRM
  6. Vaultwiki
  7. Nobita Groups
  1. Unread Conversations
  2. User mentions
  3. Watched Threads
  5. New followers
  6. Profile Posts
  1. custom text
  2. custom header
  3. custom footer
I know it's a rather tall order, but the features above would change this addon to a full fledged mailing solution and really increase the usefulness of this addon.
Absolutely perfect suggestion. + support of UBS (user blogs system)

and of course fixing the problems that we discussed before, as just 1 month is remaining from my license and I still didn't use it :p

Thanks in advance

Feature requests:
  2. XFMG
  3. XFRM
  6. Vaultwiki
  7. Nobita Groups
  1. Unread Conversations
  2. User mentions
  3. Watched Threads
  5. New followers
  6. Profile Posts
  1. custom text
  2. custom header
  3. custom footer

Supporting the list. I am thinking about purchasing DragonByte Mail.

@DragonByte Tech
isn't there anyway to limit each digest to special usergroups? Imagine we want DIGEST-A to be sent to all users and DIGEST-B be sent to lawyer's group and ... (this normally can be done with permissions in each digest we create. and I didn't find such a permission field. But if there is another way, can you let me know how it is possible now?)
and if its not possible for now, do you have any plan to add it?

Thanks

@DragonByte Tech
isn't there anyway to limit each digest to special usergroups? Imagine we want DIGEST-A to be sent to all users and DIGEST-B be sent to lawyer's group and ... (this normally can be done with permissions in each digest we create. and I didn't find such a permission field. But if there is another way, can you let me know how it is possible now?)
and if its not possible for now, do you have any plan to add it?

Thanks

I have added the Feature Request : http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f100/included-usergroups-digest-20233/

Any plan to support these things in Digest?
As our site is a lot more active in these parts than forums. Would be awesome if it was possible to create digest containing contents from forums and the parts listed above.

Thanks

I have a lot of users and like the idea to make maillists for them.
I remember from early times of using mass-emails that there are some rules for sending mails like only x ones to AOL or y ones to someone else.

Now i would like to know if such functions are build in your addon; can i reduce the mails to 10 in a hour or something like this?
Or is it better to use an external service and connect it with XF (i have seen an addon for this here)

I dont like the idea to be on any spamlist.

Now i would like to know if such functions are build in your addon; can i reduce the mails to 10 in a hour or something like this?
We use XenForo's email queue system, which AFAIK does not have any "mail per hour" limit. Any modifications that add this functionality to XenForo's email queue will also work with this mod :)

Fillip

Hmm. Then this is only a nice tool to play around, but not to work with. When i send some tenthousand emails without any idea not to be damned as a spammer i will reach really less people. :)

Hmm. Then this is only a nice tool to play around, but not to work with. When i send some tenthousand emails without any idea not to be damned as a spammer i will reach really less people. :)
For the record, in the 5 years since this mod first appeared on vBulletin, we have had exactly 0 reports of being blacklisted due to sending too many emails per hour.

Emails per hour is a limitation set at the server host level (e.g. cheap shared hosting), to prevent spammers from quickly signing up in order to spam using their service. I have never once heard of someone being blocked at the receiving end due to emails per hour.

As long as your rDNS, SPF and DKIM setup is in order, and you're not being limited on a hosting level (which means you should be using a better host), there's nothing to worry about :)

Fillip

It would be nice if the digest emails could get their title from the title that we set for them in adminCP.

Now, imagine we have 10 digests. The emails sent from all of them will have this title: {forumtitle} Digest

Surely users will think that its the same email sent to them and will mark them as read without opening it or in worst situation, they may unsubscribe or even spam it. (its normal. Imagine you get different emails with the same title from the same source in a day and it happens to you regularly always. What you will think?)

But the fact is that each of them are different and we named them different too. So its better to have their title in acp in the email that is being sent.

Also its an email marketing Technique. Imagine you receive 5 emails each day from a site with different contents. Which way will attract you to open them more?

A:
  • Xenforo Digest
  • Xenforo Digest
  • Xenforo Digest
  • Xenforo Digest
  • Xenforo Digest

OR

B:
  • Recent Xenforo News
  • Recent Xenforo Development Tutorials
  • Recent Released Resources
  • Have you seen?
  • Recent implemented Suggestion and Bug fixes!
;)

Now, imagine we have 10 digests. The emails sent from all of them will have this title: {forumtitle} Digest
Since it is not possible to create new digests, this is a complete non-issue :)

If you are talking about Mailing Lists (the manual emails you send out), not Digests (the automated emails regarding popular threads), then you are asked to specify a title when creating the email, and that will be the subject line in the email.

Fillip

Since it is not possible to create new digests, this is a complete non-issue :)
o_O
Did you remove that feature? I'm sure it was possible in older versions as you see there is also a link to "Manage DigestS". As you know if it was not possible to havemultiple digests, then "s" of end of digest was not true and also "Manage" would be "Setting" :D
2016-10-04_16-26-28.webp

If you dropped it in newest version, then please bring it back again, as we really need it.We have different digests from different parts of our site (so far, different digests from different forum. And they surely can't be mixed and be sent in one single email as they are totally different. And if you also add support of suggested add-ons to digest, then we will also have additional digests that they also will be sent in different emails and in different days and can't be packed in one single email.)

o_O
Did you remove that feature? I'm sure it was possible in older versions
No, this has never been a feature. When the feature was first conceived in the vBulletin version, it was created with the intent that only one would be ongoing, but some of the ground work was laid to be able to expand upon it and allow for multiple digests to run side-by-side.

This is not something that will be easy to finalise, as there's currently only one flag for storing frequency and "last received" date stamps. Furthermore, the Digest code is currently under review as a result of some custom work, so unfortunately I won't be able to update this right now.

That being said, there are other things I can improve upon in the mod without touching that code and I'll get through some of that this week I hope :)

Fillip

Top Bottom