[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail - Create newsletter emails to your members.

DragonByte Mail is a professional mailing list mod with advanced subscription management features. Additionally, it has a newsletter feature that highlights your most popular threads.

Uses
DragonByte Mail is the perfect solution for any forum who wish to send out large quantities of mail to users on a mailing list. It lets admins and users have fine-grained access to subscriptions, and also sends out automated newsletters with powerful algorithms for determining...

Read more about this resource...

Can you control how many emails are sent at once... can you post more snapshots of the actual email being sent to the members... looks promising... thank you

Can you control how many emails are sent at once...
This mod uses XenForo's Mail Queue system, which means you can control how many emails are sent at once that way :)

If you turn on the Instant Send option (not recommended for regular mailing lists as it may slow down your forum), you can control how many emails are sent per page load, but not per hour.

can you post more snapshots of the actual email being sent to the members... looks promising... thank you
Certainly: https://i.imgur.com/JBnjyIz.png :)

If you use the "Custom Template" option, you get to (have to) design the HTML entirely yourself, so I can't post a snapshot of that - after all, that's entirely up to you how it looks! :D

If you want to check the mod out for free before you buy, feel free to load up a demo instance: www.dragonbyte-tech.com/info/xfdemo/ - I've updated the demo board generator to also let you demo this mod :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:
Automated Newsletters: Your users will receive an email containing the most popular threads since the last newsletter was sent. They can unsubscribe at any moment, or increase/decrease frequency of newsletters, without being logged in.
Can you advise more about how this operates? Screenshots?
Constraints?

Can you advise more about how this operates? Screenshots?
Constraints?
This information can be found in the feature list of the modification.

Newsletter Management
  • Configure an automated "Reader's Digest" of your most popular forum threads
  • Optionally only include public (guest-accessible) forums
  • Advanced sorting via a powerful algorithm
  • Limit the number of topics included
  • Choose sorting type if "Advanced Sorting" is disabled
  • Excluded Forums
You can also get to see everything in action by generating a demo board instance here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/info/xfdemo/

Here's a screenshot of how the actual newsletter would look: https://i.imgur.com/5C05IHF.png

Fillip

Yes, read that. Was hoping for ACP screenshot, showing info such as if you could decide which usergroups receive and/or signup? Etc.
There's no further options other than the ones listed, those are all the options :)

Did that ~8hrs ago and waiting for my email.
Have you checked your spam folder? If so, could you please PM me with your email address so I can check to see if it's in our system and PM you back with the link?

All requested demo boards have been generated by our system, so there may be a problem with email delivery on our end or email receipt on your provider's end.

Thanks!

Fillip

Was of no help at all, cannot see anyway of interacting or exploring mailing lists at all ...
Could you please try creating a mailing list in the AdminCP first? :)

I must have missed actually creating that phrase, I didn't think to test viewing mailing lists with no mailing lists created :)

Fillip

Nope, not fixed. Even logged out and back in.
I re-saved the permissions, it should be fixed now.

The way our demo boards work is, they copy the DB off a "template" and I had forgotten to set Can Administer Mail after installing on the restricted admin user, I tried to manually insert the permission entry in the DB but it was cached. The cache should be updated now :)

Fillip

I re-saved the permissions, it should be fixed now.
Working now.
Found several issues;
  • "Can Send Mail" mailing list permission isn;t being adhered to - user still has the option to send
  • I don't like the placement of Send Mail, View Mail History, Unsubscribe etc. Took me ages to find, and will be totally unfriendly to users. At the very least subscribe/unsubscribe needs to be 'call to action' buttons.
  • Unable to send emails to see what they look like, since cannot manage users in ACP.
  • No on-screen view options for showing what an email will look like, or was for history mails
  • Cannot see how to send a newsletter to a mailing list
  • Cannot see how automated newsletters are handled, or or settings for managing frequency and delivery time etc.
Great start ... but I think it needs more work before I'd be interested further. Instructions/Workflows on how to interact with it as an admin/owner being a good start.

"Can Send Mail" mailing list permission isn;t being adhered to - user still has the option to send
I'll look into that :)
I don't like the placement of Send Mail, View Mail History, Unsubscribe etc. Took me ages to find, and will be totally unfriendly to users. At the very least subscribe/unsubscribe needs to be 'call to action' buttons.
I'd be interested in seeing a Photoshop of the design, as I've not seen that list style used with call to action buttons before.
Unable to send emails to see what they look like, since cannot manage users in ACP.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. If you have ticked the Default Subscribed box, you can go to the Maintenance page to rebuild the subscribed users list.
No on-screen view options for showing what an email will look like, or was for history mails
Historically, our users of the vB version of this mod have used a test mailing list for this purpose. There is absolutely an on-screen view option for showing historical emails, you linked it yourself earlier in this post.
Cannot see how to send a newsletter to a mailing list
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. There is no such thing as "sending a newsletter to a mailing list", they are two separate pieces of functionality. As per the feature list, the newsletter functionality is fully automated. Emails you send to the mailing lists are manual.
Cannot see how automated newsletters are handled, or or settings for managing frequency and delivery time etc.
I'm very puzzled by a lot of this feedback, frequency and delivery start time is managed by each individual user. If they don't wish to receive the newsletter, they have an one-click unsubscribe that doesn't require them to be logged in (e.g. reading the email on their phones). If they wish to receive it more or less frequently, there's one-click links for this in the bottom of the newsletter as well. And they can manage it via their UserCP.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all feedback, but I think a fair amount of what you've highlighted is down to fundamental differences in thinking when it comes to what goes into a mailing list email and what goes into a newsletter.

Fillip

I'd be interested in seeing a Photoshop of the design, as I've not seen that list style used with call to action buttons before.
https://netrider.net.au/linkdirectory/
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all feedback, but I think a fair amount of what you've highlighted is down to fundamental differences in thinking when it comes to what goes into a mailing list email and what goes into a newsletter.
Probably. Hence why I said some documentation or workflow. I cannot see what you are trying to deliver with this add-on, how an admin and user interacts with it. It's not intuitive.
Maybe your purpose and understanding of what a newsletter and mailing list is, is completely different to mine.
There is no such thing as "sending a newsletter to a mailing list", they are two separate pieces of functionality. As per the feature list, the newsletter functionality is fully automated. Emails you send to the mailing lists are manual.
Point in question ;) A newsletter is content, a mailing list is recipients ... how does a newsletter get to recipients? Which newsletter? Which recipients? How is it fully automated - when and what time is a newsletter sent to a mailing list?
And they can manage it via their UserCP.
I'm looking through options in drop-down menu from clicking on user name in top right. Nothing here at all for mailing.

I'm experimenting with something similar across our mods since other forums have had similar feedback from their clients. I'll post a screenshot of how I intend to make it look prior to release next week :)

Probably. Hence why I said some documentation or workflow.
It's very time consuming for me to write documentation and draw up workflow sheets, time that could be spent developing the modifications further.

I cannot see what you are trying to deliver with this add-on, how an admin and user interacts with it. It's not intuitive.
Maybe your purpose and understanding of what a newsletter and mailing list is, is completely different to mine.

A newsletter is content, a mailing list is recipients ... how does a newsletter get to recipients? Which newsletter? Which recipients? How is it fully automated - when and what time is a newsletter sent to a mailing list?
To avoid confusion I'll rename "Newsletter" to something like "Digest" or "Popular Threads" in the next version.

I'm looking through options in drop-down menu from clicking on user name in top right. Nothing here at all for mailing.
You're saying that just to make a point, right? You're not seriously saying "if it's not in the member drop-down, it doesn't exist in the User CP". Because if that's the case, then the "Watched Threads" and "Watched Forums" lists don't exist. They are in the User CP but not in the member drop-down.

I can absolutely add a settings link there, though :)

Fillip

You're saying that just to make a point, right? You're not seriously saying "if it's not in the member drop-down, it doesn't exist in the User CP". Because if that's the case, then the "Watched Threads" and "Watched Forums" lists don't exist. They are in the User CP but not in the member drop-down.
I wasn't, no. Genuinely didn't know where it was, now I do. Laughingly, I never knew to look for watched threads/forums in this spot either - always accessed it from Forum sub-navigation.

Top Bottom