[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Yeah, latest version but I copied over and did a reinstall just in case today, same results. :(

Using PHP 7.2 if that makes a difference.

I just sent out my first newsletter and the Unsubscribe button doesnt work! It's just plain text, no link. Whats up with that?

I just sent out my first newsletter and the Unsubscribe button doesnt work! It's just plain text, no link. Whats up with that?
Are you sure the link isn’t simply styled the same way as the rest of the footer text?

What version of the mod are you running?

What version of XenForo are you running?

Did you add the unsubscribe link replacement variable yourself, or did you let the system do it?

What mailing list type is it, native or custom?

What email client are you using?

Are you sure the link isn’t simply styled the same way as the rest of the footer text?

Did you add the unsubscribe link replacement variable yourself, or did you let the system do it?

Thanks for the prompt response! It is definitely not a link, it's plain text.

Let the system

Native

Outlook, but also looked on 2 other clients and it's not a link

Then that’s likely an issue with Outlook, as the XF1 version does add those links as plain text in the footer in order to allow email clients to generate a link.

Try creating a new newsletter, only subscribe yourself to it and open it in gmail instead, I never had issues with gmail not converting the unsubscribe links to links.

It's 100% not an outlook issue, I tried it on 3 different email clients and "unsubscribe" is NOT a link. This is a major issue and now my IP was flagged and blacklisted.

I tried another newsletter with just me and it's the same issue.

This is a major issue and literally the only reason I purchased this add-on was for the unsubscribe link.

This is the html of the plain text

HTML:
<p style="font-size:11px;">Unsubscribe</p>

Lots of issues with this plugin....Emails also are not being tracked.

Last edited:
I tried another newsletter with just me and it's the same issue.
In that case I'll need an FTP and AdminCP account so I can look into this issue further.

Lots of issues with this plugin....Emails also are not being tracked.
That's a feature of the XF2 version, the feature was never fully implemented on XF1. Even on XF2 there's no viewer for the tracked information at this time.

I should warn you that the development focus for this product is the XF 2.1 version, so if possible I would urge you to consider upgrading to 2.1 at some point in the future. As an owner of the XF1 version you get all 3 versions (1.5, 2.0 and 2.1) with the same license (though still limited to one site per license).

In that case I'll need an FTP and AdminCP account so I can look into this issue further.

That's a feature of the XF2 version, the feature was never fully implemented on XF1. Even on XF2 there's no viewer for the tracked information at this time.

I should warn you that the development focus for this product is the XF 2.1 version, so if possible I would urge you to consider upgrading to 2.1 at some point in the future. As an owner of the XF1 version you get all 3 versions (1.5, 2.0 and 2.1) with the same license (though still limited to one site per license).
Okay, I will PM you.

Hi,

I installed version 4.01 on my XF1.5.23 installation and try now to customize it.

1. How does the timing works for the automatic digest? Lets assume I want to send out the Wednesday for the very first tim ethis digest to all members wh agreed to receive site mailings, but after this mailing on Wednesday, it shall be from then on everyweek on Saturday. How do i set this up then?

2. I try to chnage wording in the line "regarding" of the digest. I want to replace "digest" with something else. I tried that in the phrases "dbtech_mail_newsletter_x_newsletter_php", but the wording "digest" is still displayed in the next test email. Is there another area where I have to change it?

3. I also want to add some more text and links in the digest itself. In ACP/ Applications/DragonByte Mail/Digest Management. In the textbox for the "Introduction ".

But it does not accepts URL (they turn out to be non-clickable). The same code works without problems in the ACP/sitemailing/email users. Alos the code for the username. Neither {user}, nor {username} does printthe actual username in the email.

How can I fix this?

4. The two colums in the digest "Forum" and Title". Where can I change these two words into somethig different?

5. At the buttom of the digest, the line

Is more confusing for the readers. Because they think the sender is someone else and will mark it as spam. This should not show up in a mailing at all. Only the real sender and his links should be visible there. Where can I delete it?

Three more questions:

With your addon, I can create as any mailing lists as I want to in ACP/Applications/mailingslist Management.

If I add a new mailing list, I have differet tabs to configure SMTP connections etc.

1. Do I need to enter here all these SMTP data? What happens, if I leave everythig blank? Will it use then the SMTP settings of Xenforo (ACP/Options/Email)?

2. I bought your addon mainly to use it for the autotamatic weekly digest and the automatic inactive user emails

What would be the advantage to create with your addon another mailing list and send over this from time to time on a irregular basis some mailings with manual content over the option via the standard XF mailing option in ACP/Users/Email users?

3. How can I make sure that for both, the weekly digest and the automatic mailings for inactive members, only users with valid email addresses and no-banned users are getting these emails? And of course all of those valid users shall be included. Is there a kind of sQL command I have to execute for this?

1. How does the timing works for the automatic digest? Lets assume I want to send out the Wednesday for the very first tim ethis digest to all members wh agreed to receive site mailings, but after this mailing on Wednesday, it shall be from then on everyweek on Saturday. How do i set this up then?
You don't, you can't control what day of the week it gets sent out at, sorry. The days vary based on the user's settings anyway.

2. I try to chnage wording in the line "regarding" of the digest. I want to replace "digest" with something else. I tried that in the phrases "dbtech_mail_newsletter_x_newsletter_php", but the wording "digest" is still displayed in the next test email. Is there another area where I have to change it?
Sorry, could you be more specific? I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to.

3. I also want to add some more text and links in the digest itself. In ACP/ Applications/DragonByte Mail/Digest Management. In the textbox for the "Introduction ".

But it does not accepts URL (they turn out to be non-clickable). The same code works without problems in the ACP/sitemailing/email users. Alos the code for the username. Neither {user}, nor {username} does printthe actual username in the email.

How can I fix this?
It currently is not intended to support replacement variables, and the XF1 version will not be receiving any feature updates going forward as development focus has shifted to XF 2.1. That being said, HTML may work in the introduction, try that :)

4. The two colums in the digest "Forum" and Title". Where can I change these two words into somethig different?
You can customise the email template to change this.

5. At the buttom of the digest, the line
Mailing software provided by DragonByte Mail. Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Is more confusing for the readers. Because they think the sender is someone else and will mark it as spam. This should not show up in a mailing at all. Only the real sender and his links should be visible there. Where can I delete it?
You will need to purchase a Branding Free add-on, as this is part of the branding of the mod. Sorry :(

1. Do I need to enter here all these SMTP data? What happens, if I leave everythig blank? Will it use then the SMTP settings of Xenforo (ACP/Options/Email)?
Correct, you only need to enter new SMTP information if you wish to override the default. For instance, some sites may use Google Apps / Google Suite to power their day-to-day transactional email, but Google does not allow mailing lists, so you would need a different SMTP profile for mailing lists.

2. I bought your addon mainly to use it for the autotamatic weekly digest and the automatic inactive user emails

What would be the advantage to create with your addon another mailing list and send over this from time to time on a irregular basis some mailings with manual content over the option via the standard XF mailing option in ACP/Users/Email users?
The mail history would be one major benefit. Users can view email in their browser by going to the mail history in the mailing list, and clicking the previous email.

Other than that, let's say you set up a mailing list for competitions and one for general site news. With XF default, since they both send as one mailing list, if the user unsubscribes they lose access to both. Whereas with this mod, if they unsubscribe from the general site news they would still receive the competitions one, unless they opted out of all site emails.

In the XF2 version, this uses the new EmailStop system and is no longer tied to the forum default "Receive site mailings" setting.

3. How can I make sure that for both, the weekly digest and the automatic mailings for inactive members, only users with valid email addresses and no-banned users are getting these emails? And of course all of those valid users shall be included. Is there a kind of sQL command I have to execute for this?
As far as I'm aware, that happens automatically.

Sorry, could you be more specific? I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to.

If you get in your email software inbox emails, there is always the "title text" of that email. If you reply to it, theis line is called "Re".

That text does not change, so matter what I try.

You will need to purchase a Branding Free add-on, as this is part of the branding of the mod. Sorry :(

Sorry, but this is a no-go! Please think about it again.

I have nothing against advertisement and you have the advertisement place already on my forums at the bottum.

But advertisement in a newlestter is a totally different league. It is not acceptable to introduce ads in newsletters and to request then money to put it away. This is not a free addon, it is a payed addon already.

We are talking here about advertisement sent to all or users in their private mailbox. No addon should be allowed to do this. Even xenforo is not doing it and this is the software that runs the whole community.

I cannot use a newsletter addon, if that means I send spam around or have to pay even more to delete that. I even do not know whether this is against Xenforo rules for addons.

Please think about this again

That text does not change, so matter what I try.
That is controlled by the dbtech_mail_newsletter_x_newsletter_php phrase.

No addon should be allowed to do this. Even xenforo is not doing it and this is the software that runs the whole community.

I cannot use a newsletter addon, if that means I send spam around or have to pay even more to delete that. I even do not know whether this is against Xenforo rules for addons.
I've reviewed the rules just now and I can't find anything that explicitly forbids adding branding to emails generated by an addon. That being said, if the XF devs believe this should be against the rules, I would of course change it in the current & all past versions downloadable @ our site.

That is controlled by the dbtech_mail_newsletter_x_newsletter_php phrase.

As I wrote in the other posting I did chnge that already in that phrase, but it does not chnage in the email itself.

I've reviewed the rules just now and I can't find anything that explicitly forbids adding branding to emails generated by an addon.

Even if they have not yet specified this in the "rules" it should be common sense, where a certain line is crossed. Too much is too much.

You have your advertisment like all other addon developers in the forum. I am fine with that. But within a newsletter it is not the same.

I spent 50 for this addon and I doubt anybody would be willing to spend another 75 to remove that line in the newsletter.

As I wrote in the other posting I did chnge that already in that phrase, but it does not chnage in the email itself.
Are you sure the account receiving the email is using that language setting? If so, try enabling debug mode and changing it in the master language, in case the issue is detecting the recipient's language during digest sending.

Are you sure the account receiving the email is using that language setting? If so, try enabling debug mode and changing it in the master language, in case the issue is detecting the recipient's language during digest sending.

I chaneged it now in the english langauge file and now it works. So it seems the addon is not using always the default language. The email address used was the one of the admin.

It currently is not intended to support replacement variables, and the XF1 version will not be receiving any feature updates going forward as development focus has shifted to XF 2.1. That being said, HTML may work in the introduction, try that

HTML does not work neither.

Can I not hardcode it into the template file? Which file is it?

Top Bottom