[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.4.0

No permission to buy ($29.95)
Just tried installing with the same error after upgrading to PHP 7, blank new XF 2.0.10 instance:
From XF Admin:
Code:
PHP version    7.0.10
MySQL version    5.7.14
Server software    Apache/2.4.23 (Win64) PHP/7.0.10
PHP post_max_size    64M
PHP upload_max_filesize    64M
PHP max_input_vars    2500
PHP max_execution_time    5000
cURL version    7.50.1
SSL version    OpenSSL/1.0.2h
Suhosin enabled    No
UTC timezone    Yes
Imagick support    No
EXIF support    Yes
GZip support    Yes
mbstring support

Do you have any advice or should I open a support ticket at your site?

Which payment gateways can I potentially use with this. Paypal is unfortunately not an option.

Also can I put featured products or any products or elements from this shop in a widget?

Thanks

Which payment gateways can I potentially use with this. Paypal is unfortunately not an option.
Any payment gateway XF2's "Payment profiles" system uses :)

Also can I put featured products or any products or elements from this shop in a widget?
There isn't a "featured products" feature at this time, but you can add widgets for newest products (with optional category restrictions) and top rated products.

Fillip

Not sure if others would find this useful, so leaving here as an idea..
Personally I would love the option to display product price as either whole or decimal number, for a cleaner appearance when products only use whole dollars.

Example:
nlxen_mainsite_v7_03.webp

Right now I'm getting around this via a Jquery formatting function.

Personally I would love the option to display product price as either whole or decimal number, for a cleaner appearance when products only use whole dollars.
I'm using XenForo's currency formatting for this, so I can't override it for only this mod. Currency precision is hard-coded in XF as well, it would seem.

Fillip

I'm using XenForo's currency formatting for this, so I can't override it for only this mod. Currency precision is hard-coded in XF as well, it would seem.

Fillip
I see, thanks!
Using this if anyone would find it useful, it does not interfere if a product is free:

JavaScript:
<script>
  $(".price .label").each(function() {
    var price = $(this).text();
        if (/\d/.test(price)) {
        var numPrice = price.substr(0, price.indexOf('.'));
        $(this).text(numPrice)
      }
  });
</script>

Hi Fillip,
Was wondering if you'd have any plans for control over URL structure? For example, using traditional hierarchical SEO format:
.com/shop
.com/shop/product-category/
.com/shop/product-category/product-name/

Right now, the categories/ and categories/category-name/ fields are stripped out when clicking on a product itself, producing:
.com/product-name/

I suppose this isn't so bad as lately Google has revealed that collapsing structure to final page names isn't really a bad thing for SEO, just wondering if having control would be possible.

Second, with forum nodes you can remove the .ID portion of the URL by setting the "URL Portion" field. However this addon doesn't include that when editing product or category names. I managed to rename categories using Route Filters, for example:
.com/dbtech-ecommerce/categories/category-name.1/
to
.com/shop/categories/category-name/

This requires a new route filter to be assigned for every store category, not a big deal though. However, this would leave product names still with their ID, if they can actually have their ID's removed.

I suppose this can all be done using .htaccess, not sure if it would be possible for you to implement a similar URL Portion feature from nodes?

Really fantastic platform so far!

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce with a new update entry:

1.2.0 Beta 1

Update highlights

This release is a major update with over half a dozen new features and enhancements 🎉

The most visually apparent feature can be seen here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-credits.339/ - the new Rating Circle feature. A new per-style option has been added that lets you toggle between this Rating Circle and the old stars-only approach.

In the AdminCP, you can see a new "Income statistics" link under the "Logs" sub-header...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a public demo other than your site? I want to see this addon with the default style.

Is there a public demo other than your site? I want to see this addon with the default style.
Unfortunately not, but I should point out the style we use is 99% default. Literally the only thing changed is the colour scheme in style properties, there's been absolutely no HTML changes whatsoever :)

Fillip

I really like this add on but had to abandon it for a few reasons.

1) you have sign up for the forum in order to buy a product. I don’t want to have to force someone to sign up just to buy an item.

2) while I know it’s important, I don’t like the fact you have to agree to the terms in order to buy an item. Would be nice if there was a way to turn this option off.

If something were to chance in the future I would consider using this add on.

Thanks
Itworx4me

1) you have sign up for the forum in order to buy a product. I don’t want to have to force someone to sign up just to buy an item.

2) while I know it’s important, I don’t like the fact you have to agree to the terms in order to buy an item. Would be nice if there was a way to turn this option off.

Thanks
Itworx4me
I fully agree with these options

Guest checkout and also 1 click checkout should be an option

And i also agree a user should not have to agree to any terms - we need to make the checkout process as quick and easy as possible to make sure the customer does not leave

Thanks
Itworx4me
Changing #1 would be tricky because this mod supports both digital and physical products. You might have a point if you limit guest checkout to physical products, but digital products will always require an account.

As for #2, I’m not sure why you want to turn this off. You could get into legal trouble if you try to hold a customer to terms they never agreed to. I cannot fathom why ticking a box could be considered hindering the checkout process.

Fillip

I am only selling physical products so it would be great to have an option :)
I've created an option for Beta 2:

I'm around 80% sure it works, I've tested manually confirming an order in the AdminCP and marking it as shipped, as well as downloading the invoice and shipping label.

Feel like testing it for me? :D If so, let me know and I'll PM you with a copy :)

Fillip

I've created an option for Beta 2:

View attachment 187313

I'm around 80% sure it works, I've tested manually confirming an order in the AdminCP and marking it as shipped, as well as downloading the invoice and shipping label.

Feel like testing it for me? :D If so, let me know and I'll PM you with a copy :)

Fillip
Excited for you to release this. I can probably live with the terms deal. Eagerly awaiting to test it out.

Is it possible to assign user groups for a certain period of time with this AddOn? Similar to user upgrades? So without the licenses

Top Bottom