[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.4.0

No permission to buy ($29.95)
DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce with a new update entry:

1.0.0b2

Physical product support is here! 🎉

The button to add a new product has been split into two; one for digital and one for physical products. This means if you only ever work with one type of product, you no longer have to navigate through options reserved for another.

Physical products use the same system you're used to for adding new pricing tiers to digital products, but instead they are called "Product variations", and allow you to enter a title for your variation. This is where you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a quick heads up: The "Gold" version, currently scheduled to be released this coming Monday, will require XF 2.0.6. I am taking advantage of the new "protected change log field" functionality to explicitly log the acceptance of the terms of service when purchasing products.

You can already rest assured that no customer can purchase a product without explicitly providing consent, but starting with v1.0.0 Gold you will have a record of explicit consent after every update of your ToS.

Fillip

1.0.0 Gold

Update highlights

After a successful Beta period, this product has now gone Gold! 🎉

Due to a change in the way the Terms of Service acceptance is logged, this release requires XenForo 2.0.6.

Below are the details for the big new functionality added to Beta 2: Physical product support.

The button to add a new product has been split into two; one for digital and one for physical products. This means if you only ever work with one type of product, you no longer have to...

Very impressed with some of these features, like auto-gen downloads.

I'm curious why you decided to make an original product rather than modify the resource manager. XFRM not versatile enough?

Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech do you have example for this addon ?????????
Our website :)

Very impressed with some of these features, like auto-gen downloads.

I'm curious why you decided to make an original product rather than modify the resource manager. XFRM not versatile enough?
It doesn’t make sense to require purchase of another addon in addition to requiring purchase of ours, plus there’s no way I could have added all of the features in this mod to the XFRM.

@DragonByte Tech now that it's gold, and mostly done feature wise... Any plans to do a product primarily for callbacks or API integration ;)?
Since there’s no way I could create an UI for callbacks or API, this would have to be coded by the website owner themselves.

This mod does have the ability to add new download types, so you could add a new download type (via the content type handler system), and the handler file would execute an API call.

Fillip

OK, I think I get it. I get 3 months of updates, $49.95.

It's a shame as an 'early adopter' I'd lose out on anything that you add after 3 months, as this is a 1.0 version, I'm sure I will miss out on features that you add later.

OK, I think I get it. I get 3 months of updates, $49.95.

It's a shame as an 'early adopter' I'd lose out on anything that you add after 3 months, as this is a 1.0 version, I'm sure I will miss out on features that you add later.
Correct on the pricing there :)

We offer different pricing tiers since not everyone is willing to put down a significant amount of money for a lifetime version. That being said, renewals do receive discounts; 50% off of the license is still active (so roughly $25 for another 3 Months), or 25% off if the license has expired.

Those discounts are correct at the time of writing but may change in the future, so if you are reading this from the future, feel free to double-check (and also send some lottery numbers back in time, cheers).

Fillip

Update highlights

This release is a small update to add a couple of requested features and fix a couple discovered bugs.

For those of you who are fans of statistics, you'll be pleased to know that the Daily Statistics integration is no longer decimalistically challenged. That's totally a word!
Special thanks to @Chris D for teaching me how to make the Daily Statistics play nice with decimal values 😄

One special bug I wanted to highlight; Prior to this...

Hello,

1.- Does it supports auto EU VAT calculation?
2.- Is there any option to associate a forum with each product, to be use for support? But the important to this is to be accessible by the clients for as long as they've an active license only.
3.- Is there any trial version to download and test it?

Thank you
Chris

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

1.- Does it supports auto EU VAT calculation?
Yes it does, if you enable it. You can also choose not to enable VAT but instead manually set tax rates for various countries :)

For digital products, VAT is calculated based off the seller's country. For physical products, based off of the buyer's country. This is in line with the new 2015 VAT regulations on digital goods.

2.- Is there any option to associate a forum with each product, to be use for support? But the important to this is to be accessible by the clients for as long as they've an active license only.
You are able to grant a new secondary user group to users when they purchase a product, but there's no direct access to forums.

What you're asking for was actually a feature I scrapped from the initial design, since it was too complicated to maintain four forums (two for demo version; one with private threads and one without, and two for paid version) for our site.

That being said, I do have a ticket support companion mod I've been working on, which may or may not be released - you can see it in action @ DBTech just now :)
With that companion mod, you would be able to instantly see if they were licensed because if they posted in a forum whose product they don't have a license for, there would be a big red banner :D

I don't plan to immediately release the mod as it's a little bit janky and has a couple smaller bugs, but I might in the future.

3.- Is there any trial version to download and test it?
Unfortunately not, but you can see it in action @ our site :)

Hi,

Does this allow for any inventory control? EG, physical product stock levels?

EDIT: cool, seems it does :-)

Last edited:
Also, on your demo site, I cannot remove items from the cart? I can view the price, or register for the site, but not view and delete items from the cart.

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 11.04.34.webp

That is working as intended. Removing items can only be done from the checkout screen, which requires registration.

Fillip
Hmm, that's not great really. I do hope that you can improve that. Right now it's impossible to remove items unless a user registers. Not great from a UX experience.

Hmm, that's not great really. I do hope that you can improve that. Right now it's impossible to remove items unless a user registers. Not great from a UX experience.
How would you suggest I do that? Bearing in mind the limited space available in the drop-down, and the amount of useful information that's needed, I can't see a way to add it to the drop-down.

Add that to the fact that you are the first and only person to bring this up, I don't see it as being a major issue.

Fillip

How would you suggest I do that? Bearing in mind the limited space available in the drop-down, and the amount of useful information that's needed, I can't see a way to add it to the drop-down.
Fillip
I would have thought a simple cart page, then an option to remove items if needed.
Add that to the fact that you are the first and only person to bring this up, I don't see it as being a major issue.
I've never come across any shop / ecommerce site that requires a user to register to remove / edit a cart.

Top Bottom