[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.8.5

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Feature requests need to be posted @ our site in order for them to be added :)

Fillip
There is another bug. if I enter a new post, It will be given one credit. So far so good. if I edit the post for more than 6 times , six credits i earned.
It is important that the credit system does not earn credits for users who modify their post.

Attachments

• bug crediti.webp
    bug crediti.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 9
There is another bug. if I enter a new post, It will be given one credit. So far so good. if I edit the post for more than 6 times , six credits i earned.
It is important that the credit system does not earn credits for users who modify their post.
No, this is not a bug. You need to use the "negation amount" feature in the event settings.

It is important the system does earn credits for users who modify their post, because when you edit the post the post contents change, so the "credits per word" or "credits per character" value will need to be recalculated (even if it's 0).

Fillip

No, this is not a bug. You need to use the "negation amount" feature in the event settings.

It is important the system does earn credits for users who modify their post, because when you edit the post the post contents change, so the "credits per word" or "credits per character" value will need to be recalculated (even if it's 0).

Fillip
thank you very much

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

5.1.0 Release Candidate 1

Update highlights

!!! DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION IF YOU ARE RUNNING DRAGONBYTE SHOP v6.0.x !!!

This update adds a new user group permission, replacing the old "Block all cancelable event triggers" permission. This new permission, "Trigger events", does effectively the same thing, only it prevents all event triggers, not just cancelable ones.

By default, this permission is turned on for all users who have permission to view your site.

This...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@DragonByte Tech

I am using DragonByte Shop 6.0.4 and DragonByte Credits 5.0.3 what am I supposed to do?? Why are there so many different versions available? Can or should I downgrade?? Are you slowly working towards something??

So Trigger Events = YES will allow people to earn credits and Trigger Events = NEVER for secondary account levels like Administrator and staff will keep them from earning credits?
It'll stop them from performing any events, which does include the Adjust event at the moment, so it's not optimal.

I am using DragonByte Shop 6.0.4 and DragonByte Credits 5.0.3 what am I supposed to do??
Wait for DB Shop v6.1.0.

Why are there so many different versions available?
What do you mean, so many different versions? If you're running DB Shop you can't upgrade to DB Credits v5.1 without disabling Shop, as the integration between the two won't work.

Are you slowly working towards something??
Working on updating all XF2 mods to comply with the resource guidelines, as stated here: Resource Guidelines Update

Fillip

It'll stop them from performing any events, which does include the Adjust event at the moment, so it's not optimal.

Wait for DB Shop v6.1.0.

What do you mean, so many different versions? If you're running DB Shop you can't upgrade to DB Credits v5.1 without disabling Shop, as the integration between the two won't work.

Working on updating all XF2 mods to comply with the resource guidelines, as stated here: Resource Guidelines Update

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech } Thank you!;)

hello @DragonByte Tech
how to add an event to reduce "credits" point to delete thread and comment thread, is this feature not yet available?

@Forza It's under the actual event trigger. You will see, as you go down the list, to set up the event trigger, hat there is a negative action option. Whatever you put there will be what is 'taken' from a person when they undo the original trigger. Does that make sense? I can send a screenshot if you need.

hat there is a negative action option. Whatever you put there will be what is 'taken' from a person when they undo the original trigger.
ahaaa.. that's the point brother..

I'm only focused on information from "Event Trigger Creating a forum topic." I think the action is only to create topic. Now I understand that this addon is very professional and well structured. I apologize for my silly question. once again thank you for reminding me brother

ahaaa.. that's the point brother..

I'm only focused on information from "Event Trigger Creating a forum topic." I think the action is only to create topic. Now I understand that this addon is very professional and well structured. I apologize for my silly question. once again thank you for reminding me brother

I did the same thing :) I was so busy creating that I didn't notice I could take away, also. @DragonByte Tech has really good add-ons for community sites. I have several like Member Maps, the DB Credits, Tweet, User Tagging.. looking over Shop and Ecommerce now. Highly recommended developer. Good stuff. (y)

Dose this work with the Media so if they upload something they get credits?
Can credits be exchanged for really money and dose it have an exchange system? If no could this be added?

Dose this work with the Media so if they upload something they get credits?
Can credits be exchanged for really money and dose it have an exchange system? If no could this be added?
It does integrate with XFMG, yeah :)

Money can be exchanged for credits, but credits cannot be exchanged for money. There’s no plans to add such a system, sorry.

Fillip

It does integrate with XFMG, yeah :)

Money can be exchanged for credits, but credits cannot be exchanged for money. There’s no plans to add such a system, sorry.

Fillip

Filip is there another RC round the corner or are you looking to go to Gold soon. Itching to try this out on the production board.

Filip is there another RC round the corner or are you looking to go to Gold soon. Itching to try this out on the production board.
Probably be another RC soon. The transaction log searching isn't working in RC1, and I renamed the folder for the XFMG and XFRM event trigger files to fix a warning from the PHP Code Sniffer tool, but other than that we've had no reports of any other breaking issues.

As long as you're not running DB Shop, which isn't compatible with this version, I can't see a reason why it wouldn't be ready for production :)

The only advice I'd give is to turn off the forum, then disable the DB Credits add-on prior to uploading the new files. Not doing this can lead to having to disable event listeners via config.php in order to let you access the AdminCP in order to actually complete the upgrade.

It's generally good practice to do this whenever you do a major version update to any product, but in this case I feel like I should mention it in particular since there have been reports of issues when upgrading with the addon live.

Fillip

Probably be another RC soon. The transaction log searching isn't working in RC1, and I renamed the folder for the XFMG and XFRM event trigger files to fix a warning from the PHP Code Sniffer tool, but other than that we've had no reports of any other breaking issues.

As long as you're not running DB Shop, which isn't compatible with this version, I can't see a reason why it wouldn't be ready for production :)

The only advice I'd give is to turn off the forum, then disable the DB Credits add-on prior to uploading the new files. Not doing this can lead to having to disable event listeners via config.php in order to let you access the AdminCP in order to actually complete the upgrade.

It's generally good practice to do this whenever you do a major version update to any product, but in this case I feel like I should mention it in particular since there have been reports of issues when upgrading with the addon live.

Fillip

Thanks for the detailed reply, I'll spin 3 times and take the proverbial leap on RC2. :)

Thanks for the detailed reply, I'll spin 3 times and take the proverbial leap on RC2. :)

The add-on seems to be stable on my end. No challenges with it at all, outside of my own learning curve - but I finally got past that! A lot of configurable options.

The idea of a credits for real money feature is not bad.... there are certainly uses for that. On my end, I'd recommend just doing a redemption feature and than manually crediting users back $ from their redemptions which could be tracked in the log. ... ???

Hey @DragonByte Tech

For XF 1.5 I utilized a custom post quota system that was essentially a limited credits system. It required users to post two posts in specifically selected forums before they were allowed to create a new thread in the same forums.

It acted as a minimum quota system, but essentially users would earn hidden credits and they would build up over time.

If they attempted to make a thread without enough credits they’d get a dialogue error box explaining the system and telling them how many credits the still needed.

There are some other important features, but that’s the core functionality.

I’m wondering if instead of creating a new custom add-on for XF 2.x, your credits system could act as a replacement.

It seems like it could be capable. Can your software apply credits for posts, only in specific forums, and allow them to be redeemed to post threads in those forums?

Looking at your screenshots, I don’t see any indication of restrictions to certain nodes, but it seems powerful.

I’d also be concerned about frictionless use: my users shouldn’t need to fancily redeem them, it should be as simply as earning with posts and redeeming with threads, with a warning displayed if they don’t meet the requirements.

Is your add-on a good fit?

Top Bottom