[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
I'm not a developer so I need a bit of guidance over here.

I would like to sell physical products with credits from the forums. I understand that this cannot be done unless I use a separate eCommerce website. I'm fine with that but is there an existing plugin to use the credit/points on an eCommerce platform? Basically if User 1 has 100 credits on his XF forum he can use them on a woocommerce or something similar. Once he buys something from that store with the credits of CF, they go back to 0.

I've been looking for something similar to this for some time but cannot find anything.

Steve

I'm not a developer so I need a bit of guidance over here.

I would like to sell physical products with credits from the forums. I understand that this cannot be done unless I use a separate eCommerce website. I'm fine with that but is there an existing plugin to use the credit/points on an eCommerce platform? Basically if User 1 has 100 credits on his XF forum he can use them on a woocommerce or something similar. Once he buys something from that store with the credits of CF, they go back to 0.

I've been looking for something similar to this for some time but cannot find anything.

Steve
I don't believe forum credits can be used in non-XF mods unless they are specifically designed to let you do that, sorry :(

I'm also not aware of any bridge products that would cover it.

Fillip

Is it possible or will it ever be possible to award a specific amount of credit based on the user group someone is in for posting in XYZ sections?

Is it possible or will it ever be possible to award a specific amount of credit based on the user group someone is in for posting in XYZ sections?
Yes, is possible, I once setup paycheck for Hired Team group only and worked fine.

There is a problem with the minimum characters that I have reported and waiting for a fix, basically if members quote content they also earn for that content quoted and it's not fair.

One last question.

Does the branding free lifetime add-on cost $75 and does it include xF2 updates or would we have to pay another fee for the xF2 version of the add-on?

One last question.

Does the branding free lifetime add-on cost $75 and does it include xF2 updates or would we have to pay another fee for the xF2 version of the add-on?
The Branding Free is a separate add-on purchase, you would still need to purchase the base product. At this time, we have no plans to charge extra for the XF2 version, although this may be subject to change.

IDK, for me lifetime means lifetime, it doesn't matter the version of xf.
That is not how software works. If you ever purchased a copy of Windows XP, you didn't automatically purchase Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. You purchased a licence for Windows XP, and that licence grants you the right to run Windows XP in perpetuity. That licence, that right, was not taken away by Microsoft when they decided to end support for Windows XP.

Similar, if you have ever owned a Mac computer, you will have noticed how a lot of software there works on a "minor updates are free, major updates cost money" system. In other words, you purchase "MyApp v1", and the company releases "MyApp v2", they will ask you to pay but offer you a discount if you are upgrading your licence from v1 to v2.

At DBTech, we have a slightly similar system. For our vBulletin software, we have for instance "vBShout for vB3/vB4" and then "vBShout for vB5" as completely separate products, because they are. If it was impossible to make our XF1 products work on XF2 without completely rewriting the code, we would have had "DragonByte Credits for XF1" and "DragonByte Credits for XF2" as completely separate products.

Furthermore, by saying that no-one should charge for the XF2 version of their software, bearing in mind that for every other addon developer, the vast, VAST majority of code will need to be thrown out and re-done, you are saying you place absolutely no value on the time it takes for developers to port their software to XF2. I'm sure you can see how disrespectful this sounds?

If the community banded together and said that they would not accept developers charging extra for the XF2 version, then that would kill XF2 as a viable platform for anyone but hobby developers that all have "real" jobs that take the majority of their time. It simply does not make sense for us to spend hundreds of hours porting our mods to XF2 only to have the community say "Yeah, those 100 hours? They are worth $0 to me."

If you really believe that those 100+ hours are completely worthless to you, then I invite you to go to your boss tomorrow and tell them "Please do not pay me any money for the next 100 hours of work I do for this company." If they refuse, and pay you anyways, donate to charity the wages you receive for those 100 hours. Then do that for each modification you have installed that you paid $50 for a lifetime version of a year ago that you want a free XF2 version of.

Your partner / family / bank account wouldn't be very happy with you, would they? Yet the idea that our partners / families / bank accounts should be happy with this is somehow okay? Please.

Fillip

I believe it's a bug, we have on dashboard sales $34 but we actually sold $24.
Members buy our currency to hire other members for different services.

Can you please elaborate? I need more information before I can look into this further.

Fillip
HERE1.webp

So the only thing that could increase that balance to $34 is by last 2 transactions which were made as a GIFT to another user but the transaction did not happen, the guy did not finish paying by Paypal. So the addon counts failed transactions towards total sales. I believe this is a BUG.

HERE2.webp

So the only thing that could increase that balance to $34 is by last 2 transactions which were made as a GIFT to another user but the transaction did not happen, the guy did not finish paying by Paypal. So the addon counts failed transactions towards total sales.
No, it doesn't. It reads from the xf_dbtech_credits_purchase_log table, and it totals transactions that have a status of payment or cancel.

If the status is payment (new sale), it adds the transaction amount.

If the status is cancel (reversed payment), it subtracts the transaction amount.

Fillip

No, it doesn't. It reads from the xf_dbtech_credits_purchase_log table, and it totals transactions that have a status of payment or cancel.

If the status is payment (new sale), it adds the transaction amount.

If the status is cancel (reversed payment), it subtracts the transaction amount.

Fillip
So why did not subtracted from total sales? Because that is canceled payment, not talking about the refund payment I had.

And a second question, is there any settings available so that members can post every day close to their limits and next day their limits are reset again? Like a server time reset.

Because now my daily limit is 20 posts per 86400 seconds but if member post today 19 posts tomorrow he can post 1 post to earn credit and wait again 86 400 seconds for reset to earn again.

Is this setup the right way or not?

So why did not subtracted from total sales? Because that is canceled payment, not talking about the refund payment I had.
Check the table I mentioned.

And a second question, is there any settings available so that members can post every day close to their limits and next day their limits are reset again? Like a server time reset.

Because now my daily limit is 20 posts per 86400 seconds but if member post today 19 posts tomorrow he can post 1 post to earn credit and wait again 86 400 seconds for reset to earn again.

Is this setup the right way or not?
No, unfortunately this is not possible.

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech I'm thinking of buying the Shop addon from you, but I wonder if it's free to upgrade to XF2 VERSION when will be released.
I read Xenforo 2.0 will be free to upgrade for anyone with active XF license, will your addons be free to upgrade or paid?

Top Bottom