[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
That worked once I removed the column from the xf_user table that we did previously :)

Thanks Fillip!

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

3.0.0 Beta 3

New Features:

Alert Preferences
  • Users can selectively disable notifications for each different event trigger

Currency
  • The currency settings "Maximum Earned" and "Limit Period" are now implemented

Events
  • The event settings "Frequency", "Maximum Applications" and "Limit Period" are now implemented

Transactions: Display Options
  • Order by Date or Amount in ascending or descending order...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: RDR
This is probably one of the best credit mods out there right now. The only thing missing is integration with the shop. They'd look a lot better under one tab next to "Alerts" when both is installed, sort of like [AD] Credits. If you agree, like my post :3

DragonByte Credits v3.0.0 Beta 4

New Features:

AdminCP
  • Added compatibility with upcoming "Integration" product designed to create a dedicated AdminCP tab for all DragonByte Tech products

Event: Daily Activity
  • Awarded on first login each day
  • Usergroups that can be affected by this event
  • Charge for event trigger
  • Daily Activity amount
  • Random Addition
  • Frequency
  • Maximum Applications
  • Limit Period
  • Alert

Event: Follow

Hello @DragonByte Tech!

I have some questions about this addon, since I'm very interested on it.
At the moment I have Bri-vium credits and it has loads of bugs, that's why I wanna make these questions to see whether to buy this addon or not

1. Create new thread: it is possible to asign a particular forum instead of all?
1.2 it is possible to develop many triggers to many different subforums?
2. Can users buy credits with real money (with PayPal)?
3. It is possible to automatically give credits weekly or monthly (like a salary)?
4. Daily login: it is necessary for the user to log out and log in every time or just for entering the page they'll earn the free credit
5. Are there any birthday credits?
6. User without permissions are able to see the statistics? Like the poorest or richest user

Thanks in advice!

1. Create new thread: it is possible to asign a particular forum instead of all?
Indeed it is, you can limit the events by usergroup(s) and forum(s). For instance, you could make an event that awards 5 credits for posting a new thread to every usergroup except admins, in all forums except your spam forums :)

1.2 it is possible to develop many triggers to many different subforums?
You can create virtually unlimited different events with different event configurations. In the global options for this mod, you can choose whether only the best, or all, events apply. For instance, let's say a user matches the criteria for an event that awards 5 credits, and an event that awards 10 credits. With the "Best" setting (default), they will earn 10 credits. With the "All" setting, they will earn 15, each event with its own individual transaction log entry.

2. Can users buy credits with real money (with PayPal)?
Indeed they can, by clicking the currency display a popup will appear where you can purchase credits from a "Purchase" tab. By right-clicking the tab and hitting Copy Link, you can create a direct link to purchasing credits which you can add to any template anywhere in XF if you would like to have an easier way of purchasing credits.

3. It is possible to automatically give credits weekly or monthly (like a salary)?
This is planned, but at this time I've not found a good way of doing this that
a) Works well
b) Doesn't murder performance.

To elaborate; in an ideal world, I would want to have each Paycheck awarded on time, not waiting for users to login to "catch up" to previously unpaid paychecks. However, this brings a concern; what if someone creates an event that awards a paycheck to every user, and they have 10,000 members? Or 100,000 members? The cron job for finding 100,000 matching users and processing an event for all of them would surely bring the site to a crawl for the poor user who happened to trigger that particular cron job.

I may just end up going with the trusted old "store a timestamp of the last processed paycheck and work out what to do on page load" method, as much as it pains me to do so :(

A Paycheck event trigger is needed, I've just put it off hoping I'll have some flash of inspiration that will magically solve this for me :P

4. Daily login: it is necessary for the user to log out and log in every time or just for entering the page they'll earn the free credit
They absolutely do not need to log out/log in, it's checked on every page load :)

There's no cost in performance for performing the check on every page load, as all it does is compare the last received Daily Login reward timestamp with the timestamp for "midnight today".

5. Are there any birthday credits?
Indeed there is :)

6. User without permissions are able to see the statistics? Like the poorest or richest user
I believe not, no. There's extensive privacy settings per-currency (coupled with a usergroup permission for who can see "hidden" currencies), and I believe they should be applied correctly on the statistics / transaction log page. If this turns out not to be the case, I will hotfix it immediately after reading the report :)

Fillip

Thank you very much for all the answers, @DragonByte Tech. I am very happy for the full explanation you have given me.

I will take a decision soon, but 90% will buy this addon: P

3.0.0 Beta 5

New Features:

Revamped Navbar
  • The navbar tab can now be moved to any of the available hook locations in the navbar area via a revamped setting
  • The navbar tab now includes a user's total amount of credits as well as a direct link to purchase credits, if any Purchase events are set up
  • The navbar tab can now integrate its items into the DragonByte Shop navbar tab, if you would rather have one unified tab than two

User Management

@DragonByte Tech

Just uploaded Beta 5, went to add a new daily login event and after hitting submit got the following error:

Code:
Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in DBTech/Credits/Event.php at line 244
DBTech_Credits_Event->trigger() in DBTech/Credits/Event/Daily.php at line 9
DBTech_Credits_Event_Daily->apply() in DBTech/Credits/XenForo/EventListener/VisitorSetup.php at line 15
DBTech_Credits_XenForo_EventListener_VisitorSetup::listen()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 477
XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 419
XenForo_Session::startAdminSession() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php at line 48
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 306
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 350
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/takethep/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Front and backend showed that error everywhere so I had to disable the event listeners in config to gain access again, disable your credits addon and then enable event listeners again.

ACP error log shows 3 related entries (several times each):

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php:244
Generated By: Regs, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/takethep/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php(244): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/takethep/...', 244, Array)
#1 /home/takethep/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/Event/Daily.php(9): DBTech_Credits_Event->trigger('daily', 1, '', false, Array)
#2 /home/takethep/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/XenForo/EventListener/VisitorSetup.php(15): DBTech_Credits_Event_Daily->apply(1, 1458543600, '')
#3 [internal function]: DBTech_Credits_XenForo_EventListener_VisitorSetup::listen(Object(XenForo_Visitor))
#4 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(477): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('visitor_setup', Array)
#6 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(419): XenForo_Visitor::setup(1, Array)
#7 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php(48): XenForo_Session::startAdminSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#8 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(306): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession('Index')
#9 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index', 'DBTech_Credits_...')
#10 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/takethep/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(57) "http://www.mydomain.com/admin.php?dbtech-credits/event"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["dbtech-credits/event"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 2 - library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php:244
Generated By: Regs, 13 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/takethep/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php(244): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/takethep/...', 244, Array)
#1 /home/takethep/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/Event/Daily.php(9): DBTech_Credits_Event->trigger('daily', 1, '', false, Array)
#2 /home/takethep/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/XenForo/EventListener/VisitorSetup.php(15): DBTech_Credits_Event_Daily->apply(1, 1458543600, '')
#3 [internal function]: DBTech_Credits_XenForo_EventListener_VisitorSetup::listen(Object(XenForo_Visitor))
#4 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(477): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('visitor_setup', Array)
#6 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(419): XenForo_Visitor::setup(1, Array)
#7 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php(48): XenForo_Session::startAdminSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#8 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(306): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession('Index')
#9 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index', 'DBTech_Credits_...')
#10 /home/takethep/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: credits_1 - library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php:466
Generated By: Regs, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/takethep/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php(466): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/takethep/...', 466, Array)
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Cheers,

Regs.

@RDR: Not sure what happened there, sorry about that :(

Do you have more than one currency created?

Regardless, I've added code to the /library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php file that should resolve those issues, if you re-download the mod and re-upload the files.

Fillip

@RDR: Not sure what happened there, sorry about that :(

Do you have more than one currency created?

Regardless, I've added code to the /library/DBTech/Credits/Event.php file that should resolve those issues, if you re-download the mod and re-upload the files.

Fillip
Yes, I had 2 currencies set-up.

To be sure, I installed completely and dropped the added columns to the xf_user table and then reinstalled.

Set-up the currencies and all was good. As soon as I went to create a new event, the error returned and I had to disable again.

I'll re-download / upload and see if it is now sorted... thanks!

Unfortunately the option to transfer between each currency is not yet implemented. I'm hoping to have it working for next week's update :)

To perform other actions, such as Donate or Purchase (or, for administrators, Adjust), click any currency value anywhere on your forum (such as the new navbar tab entry). It'll open a management overlay that lets you perform actions on the currency you clicked :)

Fillip

Ahh, OK, thanks for the answer!

For the alerts system in the system options - is it the username or user ID to use:

(Pro) Transaction Alert Sender

Cheers,

Regs.

That's the user name :) I'll edit the option description to clarify.

The user name does not need to be modified should the user change their username, as internally I convert it to user ID and convert it back to user name when the option is displayed.

Edit: You can also use the "Alerts" type, which uses XenForo's alert system, and does not need the Transaction Alert Sender to be filled out :)

Fillip

I have my username filled in and have set (Pro) Transaction Alert Method to Alerts and no alerts are being sent.

I've double-checked each event and made sure Alert is set to Yes on the event Advanced Settings tab.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Regs.

I have my username filled in and have set (Pro) Transaction Alert Method to Alerts and no alerts are being sent.

I've double-checked each event and made sure Alert is set to Yes on the event Advanced Settings tab.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Regs.
The username isn't needed for the Alerts method, can you double-check your Alert Preferences in your User CP to make sure all the bits under DragonByte Credits are checked?

Fillip

OK, I've removed the username.

All alert preferences are checked.

Not getting alerts for these events.

As an aside, when I view transactions - it shows my username for the User AND for the Recipient - is that correct? Shouldn't it show in one the user that triggered the event?

Top Bottom