• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed Custom permissions not rebuilt after upgrade

Affected version
2.0 Beta 5

Snog

Well-known member
#1
I saw this in Beta 4, and thought maybe I did something. But it happened again in Beta 5.

After an upgrade, you have to change a permission in each user group to rebuild any custom permissions that are set.
 

Snog

Well-known member
#2
Also related to this...

If you disable an add-on that has custom permissions and change some other permission after it's disabled, when you re-enable the add-on the permissions need to be loaded/saved for each user group again. In other words, permissions are not rebuilt after enabling an add-on.
 

XFA

Well-known member
#3
Also related to this...

If you disable an add-on that has custom permissions and change some other permission after it's disabled, when you re-enable the add-on the permissions need to be set for each user group again. In other words, permissions are not rebuilt after enabling an add-on.
I think that for add-ons it's not automatic, if you look at the installer of the RM you need to call a function in your setup.
 

Snog

Well-known member
#4
I think that for add-ons it's not automatic, if you look at the installer of the RM you need to call a function in your setup.
What I'm talking about has nothing to do with the setup (installation) of an add-on. This is about an add-on that is already installed and functioning.

Enabling/disabling an add-on doesn't call the add-on setup routines.

The way this came to my attention is I have several navigation tabs that a permission based. After upgrading to Beta 4 and Beta 5 I noticed the tabs were missing from my display and I hunted for a reason in my add-ons. Then I just saved or changed an unrelated permission in my user group permissions in Beta 5 and the tabs came back. Then I disabled my add-on, changed an unrelated permission, re-enabled the add-on and the tabs were gone. I then went back in and just saved my user group permissions and they came back. So, permissions are not being rebuilt after enabling an add-on or upgrading XF 2 versions.
 
Last edited: