Users with Custom Permissions - Can't Remove

akia

Well-known member
I'm just reworking all my permissions on my site, as when I was first setting them up I didn't really understand what I was doing and have made a bit of a pigs ear of all the settings mainly using Never on everthing and then using custom permissions to change it.

I now understand this isn't the way that it should be done so trying to set everything back to default, so I can set it up properly but the problem I have is that I've got one user left who I just can't remove thier custom permissions. I've tried everything and I just can't seem to reset it.

I've set the main settings as below:

p3.png

They are not set as a Moderator or a Administrator,

and in the custom permission settings I've set everything to No.

p2.png

but its still showing on this screen here:
p1.png
Is there anything else that I've missed?
 

Andy.N

Well-known member
I run into exactly the same problem with one user which I made him moderator of one of the public forum in VB 3.8. Now, after we moved to XF, he is shown in the user permission link. I check on the node permission and none shown him in the grid or in the moderator list.
 

akia

Well-known member
Check node specific permissions.
I've checked them all I think, if I nod has custom permissions, I'm I right in thinking the shows as a darker blue on the node list? Or is that only with, private nodes.
 

Andy.N

Well-known member
I run into exactly the same problem with one user which I made him moderator of one of the public forum in VB 3.8. Now, after we moved to XF, he is shown in the user permission link. I check on the node permission and none shown him in the grid or in the moderator list.
Solved my problem. Akia's second image where the user permission has a field where it is set differently. I know I checked it before but didn't reset all. Did it and now that user is set.
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you like I can take a look.

I will just need an admin login with the relevant permissions.
 

akia

Well-known member
Ahhh, thank you sooooo much!!!! I've been trying to get my head around it for the last hour or so! :D
 

Prado

Member
Solved my problem. Akia's second image where the user permission has a field where it is set differently. I know I checked it before but didn't reset all. Did it and now that user is set.
Check to be ALL set to 'No' - also you need to re-set fields, for example, Time for Edit messages
 
Top