Custom Header Logo

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

I have tried adding a custom logo on my website but it does not show right - it's dimensions are 465 x 100 and you can see it here but its not showing right it's to small.http://chatfreaks.net/community/
Thanks for any help.​

The dev's did say that the style properties system isn't quite complete so that may be part of it.

Due to unforseen circumstances, we have been unable to move portions of the CSS that drives the XenForo style into the Style Properties system as planned. However, this task is near the top of our priority list and we expect the style to be fully propertised in the next beta release, which we will make in the coming days.

I had this problem too, and editing the values in the "Header and Navigation" preferences didn't seem to work. I had to edit the header.css template and find this:

Code:
height: 35px;

and remove it.

I imagine that in future releases you probably won't need to do this.

Thank you Maria :)

I had this problem too, and editing the values in the "Header and Navigation" preferences didn't seem to work. I had to edit the header.css template and find this:

Code:
height: 35px;

and remove it.

I imagine that in future releases you probably won't need to do this.

That did it, Thanks Maria. :)

I dont know if removing it is a good idea, i mean its there for a reason right, it might have other uses?
I just bumped it up to 90 and it worked great.

I dont know if removing it is a good idea, i mean its there for a reason right, it might have other uses?
I just bumped it up to 90 and it worked great.
You can remove it, provided you make sure that your logo image is shorter than the value specified for the logo height style property.

do I need to creat my own style (child theme) in order to change my logo ?
do I need to create a child-theme so that my custom logo remains at my website when doing upgrades ?

I just want to change the XF-logo to my custom logo now, not sure how to do this......
I do not want to change any other styles, just changing the logo-image

do I need to creat my own style (child theme) in order to change my logo ?
do I need to create a child-theme so that my custom logo remains at my website when doing upgrades ?

I just want to change the XF-logo to my custom logo now, not sure how to do this......
I do not want to change any other styles, just changing the logo-image
There is no need to create another style, just edit the default style - changes you make to this will survive updates.

do I need to save my custom logo in the same path:
styles/default/xenforo/logo.png

or can I create a new folder for the logo-path ?
I do not want to have "xenforo" within my logo-path.

thanks,

do I need to save my custom logo in the same path:
styles/default/xenforo/logo.png

or can I create a new folder for the logo-path ?
I do not want to have "xenforo" within my logo-path.

thanks,

You can place it under any directory as you wish to as long as you fill in the location of your logo Image path correctly. You can even create a new directory just for the logo itself. It's all up to your own wish. ;)

my logo-size is 450px by 60px.

however it does not show its full size, but is much smaller.

not sure where can I set the width of the logo in ACP ?

It's located at the same page as where you set your logo image path.

You need to change the default value to the actual value of your own logo.

Sorry, I can not find this of where to change the settings for the image-width.

It only says:
"Header Logo Image Path"
"Height of Header Logo"
"Header Tab Height"

Sorry, I can not find this of where to change the settings for the image-width.

It only says:
"Header Logo Image Path"
"Height of Header Logo"
"Header Tab Height"

Hi Erich, you need to follow these instructions to adjust or edit out the height attribute in the header.css file...

Styles & Templates/ Templates/header.css

find this class...

#logo img
{
vertical-align: middle;
/*height: 35px;*/
}

and either adjust the height to your logo size, or as I have done.. comment it out.

:)

Top Bottom