XF 2.2 Can't Upload Logo (New Acct)

kholland28

Hi,

I've been all over the forums, and I can't figure out how to upload my logo.

I went to 'Appearance' > 'Style Properties' > 'Header and Navigation' > 'Header/logo row'

...and updated in the image section, but nothing.

Sure I'm missing something but no documentation on this that I could find....

Ken

Solution
What is the URL of the logo? Possibly it is wrong.

You have two options, either A enter the URL of a logo you previously uploaded to your file system, or B upload it directly

logo.jpg
Make sure you are editing the same style as the one you are using. Simple mistake I have done it many times and wondered why I couldn’t see the logo.

The style property Andy gave you is the correct one. The one in your first post is for the header background image.

Make sure you are editing the same style as the one you are using. Simple mistake I have done it many times and wondered why I couldn’t see the logo.

The style property Andy gave you is the correct one. The one in your first post is for the header background image.

Thank you for the reply.

I reverted the 'Header logo/row' so it's blank.

Where do I upload the logo. I put the path in (as Andy above instructed) and it's broken.

Ken

Where do I upload the logo. I put the path in (as Andy above instructed) and it's broken.
When you say it's broken, do you mean the upload field, or the logo when you've uploaded it? If the field itself is broken then you may have a flawed installation and may need to rebuild the master data. If it's the latter, then there may be issues with the permissions on your folders or even the paths are wrong. There are so many different permutations for issues without access to your site or screenshots of the settings you're accessing.

What is the URL of the logo? Possibly it is wrong.

You have two options, either A enter the URL of a logo you previously uploaded to your file system, or B upload it directly

logo.jpg

Solution
I got it. I never hit the 'upload' button...I just went to bottom and saved it.

Thank you everyone for your help!
Yes I can see how that is a bit misleading. It would have been using a URL to your computer file system. It has to be either enter a web URL in the left hand filed OR hit the upload button and browse your computer for the file. It would be useful to have that in the documentation.

Note that it is good practice to add the display dimensions in the two fields below that. This makes Google happy as the is no layout shift, ie the correct dimensions are reserved for the logo so you don't get annoying page jumps if the logo loads later than the page.

Also a double sized image for the retina logo is good as it looks better on retina screens (and will still display as the size defined in the width/height)

Note that it is good practice to add the display dimensions in the two fields below that. This makes Google happy as the is no layout shift, ie the correct dimensions are reserved for the logo so you don't get annoying page jumps if the logo loads later than the page.

Also a double sized image for the retina logo is good as it looks better on retina screens (and will still display as the size defined in the width/height)

oh ok...thank you for the tip! I'll look at that now.

Ken

Top Bottom