Custom Fields Permissions

Custom Fields Permissions 2.7.1

No permission to download
You really should start checking the overview pages for the addons.

"Compatible XF 2.x versions2.0, 2.1"

Reactions: Xon
Can you explain to me how this addon is supposed to work for custom thread fields?

1. I have created a user which is in the usergroup Custom Thread Field and I made him administrator by giving him 2 permissions.

2. Now I went to my specific custom thread field and changed the option to:

I made the same setting for the other 2 options:

3. And yet this user can still access to this custom thread field in the ACP. Did I do something wrong here or misunderstood how this addon supposed to work? This user is not in the usergroup "Administrative" and the logic of the addon should prevent this person accessing this one field. The other ones he should be able to access.

Last edited:
@sbj this add-on allows controlling viewing/editing of front-end usage of custom fields. not in the admincp.
Hmm, I see. I hought the "input" permissions were for the ACP side of things, cause there you input the data, which is output on front-end usage.

I misunderstood the permissions. Sorry, thanks for the explanation.

@Xon, given that you have knowledge that this is adversely affecting other add-ons, ideally a fix should be provided soon or the add-on should be removed from the resource manager.

@Xon, given that you have knowledge that this is adversely affecting other add-ons, ideally a fix should be provided soon or the add-on should be removed from the resource manager.
There has been a warning on the product overview page, and a workaround which is easy to apply. I've updated the FAQ and product page to be more clear on the workaround.

The major reason for this compatibility issue is XF\CustomField\Definition and XF\CustomField\DefinitionSet to not have access to the content type they belong to.

I think I've got a working solution, but it is really ugly since it needs to be pure template coding.

Tried to upgrade to v2.4.0 tonight.

Errors on attempting the upgrade:

Code:
LogicException: Entity NF\Tickets:TicketField (class: NF\Tickets\Entity\TicketField) could not be found in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 51

XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 67
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityStructure() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 223
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getFinder() in src/XF/App.php at line 2575
    XF\App->finder() in src/addons/SV/CustomFieldPerms/Repository/Field.php at line 124
    SV\CustomFieldPerms\Repository\Field->applyPostInstallChanges() in src/addons/SV/CustomFieldPerms/Setup.php at line 28
    SV\CustomFieldPerms\Setup->installStep2() in src/addons/SV/CustomFieldPerms/Setup.php at line 84
    SV\CustomFieldPerms\Setup->upgrade2040000Step2() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 122
    SV\CustomFieldPerms\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 71
    SV\CustomFieldPerms\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 576
    XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Managed to cancel the upgrade and then uninstall the addon.

Cleared the errors.

Reinstalled v 2.3.1. All seems back to normal so far.

As the update mentioned, if Tickets is installed; this requires Tickets v2.0.0 Beta 5 which is not yet out. I'll update it so at least it doesn't error if an older version of Tickets is installed.

Can I install this if I have Beta 4 of NF Tickets running to get the functionality once he's released beta 5?

I found a possible bug, I haven't updated to 2.4.1 yet, I believe i'm on 2.3.9 still or 2.4.0, but I noticed just recently when i'm viewing the edit account info page where the fields are, I had one field set to be shown only to a specific usergroup, but everyone was able to see it from the looks of things, the permissions all appeared correct, but everyone was still able to see it.....which isn't what I wanted. I believe this may be a bug cuz it appeared to be working previously, can this be looked into?

I found a possible bug, I haven't updated to 2.4.1 yet, I believe i'm on 2.3.9 still or 2.4.0, but I noticed just recently when i'm viewing the edit account info page where the fields are, I had one field set to be shown only to a specific usergroup, but everyone was able to see it from the looks of things, the permissions all appeared correct, but everyone was still able to see it.....which isn't what I wanted. I believe this may be a bug cuz it appeared to be working previously, can this be looked into?
How were you checking that?

I just created a temporary regular registered user account to double check and logging in with that account I could not see the restricted custom field at all.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom