Custom Fields Permissions

Custom Fields Permissions 2.7.1

No permission to download
How were you checking that?

I just created a temporary regular registered user account to double check and logging in with that account I could not see the restricted custom field at all.
The same way, had a regular account, still saw the fields.......not sure why.

I might uninstall the add-on and re-install the latest version to see if that fixes it.

I installed this today and it failed during the installation process. I don't know what to do. I can't uninstall it and I can't disable any addons now.

Last edited:
That is unrelated to this add-on, your site files need to be writable by the user php runs as. Running the CLI installer as root can result in the wrong file owner if you are not careful.

That is unrelated to this add-on, your site files need to be writable by the user php runs as. Running the CLI installer as root can result in the wrong file owner if you are not careful.
Which files or directories have the wrong permissions? I'm not following?

Any possible way to stop users from editing certain custom field once submitted

Example

User enters email address but once it's submitted with the ticket they are unable to edit this while keeping other fields editable?

Yes.

AdminCP >> Users >> User Customization >> Custom User fields >> General Options

Select User editable AND Editable only once

editable only once.webp

@Xon

Something to consider for the future, a "default value" in the field options which would be updated should a person's usergroup change. For example, we want to offer the message/threads per page option in User Essentials as an upgrade for our donors. Problem is, when the upgrade expires, whatever they have in the field remains (removing the incentive to donate again).

Another example, we use check boxes to enable additional features for certain usergroups. Automatically unchecking the box when that usergroup no longer has permission would be very useful.

PS: You should be charging for this add-on!

This allows matching to primary and any secondary user groups, but doesn't support matching to a user id.

This allows matching to primary and any secondary user groups, but doesn't support matching to a user id.
Should of worded it correctly 🤣 I was trying say if it's possible to limit this to what has been selected and not include either primary or secondary.

Say i select members(user group) then only members(user group) should see this & not member+(user group) and premium members (user group)/ moderators (user group) etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom