CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Idea: How about allowing a (user specified) rotation of an admin's adsense code in the featured threads block?

That wouldn't be possible.
The blocks require a specific array of code which is pulled from the database in order to be populated.

If you are interested in beta testing 2.15, see this thread: http://support.cliptheapex.com/threads/cta-featured-threads-portal-2-15-beta-testing.235/

A summary of the changes in 2.15 are:
  • New sort ordering UI and options for the page
  • New sort ordering UI and options for the slider
  • Option to set expiry date to poll close date
  • Use first attached image for icon, background, and slider
  • Major changes to the code related to consolidating functions and queries

Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads & Portal with a new update entry:

2.15.0 Attachments, Polls, Sorting

This update adds a few useful features related to images, polls, and sorting.
It is now simpler and quicker to add custom icons, backgrounds, and slider images, as well as single click promotion to the slider.

Once you have upgraded, make sure you set up the new options as required, particularly if you are using automatic featuring.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Important Information
There may be errors generated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi guys, so I'm replacing wordpress with this and I need some help with the page routing. I can't seem to get it right with the basic board info settings.

I had wordpress in the root folder and the forums are in /forums. Ideally I'd like to keep the forums where they are and have the CTA portal at root. Any ideas how this can be achieved?

Cheers
Chris

It's not possible.

Add-ons can only work in the directory where XenForo is installed.

You would have to move back the installation to the root.

It's not possible.

Add-ons can only work in the directory where XenForo is installed.

You would have to move back the installation to the root.
Cheers Brogan. Bah! that's what I was afraid of. If I move it to root, is it still possible to route to forums to /forums via the board settings without taking an SEO hit?

It seems some missed the original post, and the follow up posts, and the email, so I'm posting it again.
However, I will no longer be emailing releases as the distribution list is too large.
In future, all releases will be posted here: http://support.cliptheapex.com/forums/releases/

If you haven''t already done so, please register, preferably with the same email address which is used for updates.
If you use a different email to register with, let me know via conversation so I can tie up the account and manually promote it to licensed status.

Please allow some time after registering for your account to be licensed as it is done manually.

Well done on another cracking update! :D

All installed and ready to go, I look forward to playing with the new features.

Sorry I wasn't able to beta test this time but you did choose half term to do this. ;)

Yes, the timing wasn't ideal and in fact that's partly why - I wasn't going to be able to do any developing last week, this week, and the next so it made sense to realise it rather than have it sitting there for almost a month.

Weird, after I updated my main page shows blank (www.mcmiddleearth.com) but Xenforo is working. I also have a bunch of errors:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' -library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:660

I followed your advice on going to Options > CTA Featured Threads and clickign save, but that didn't change anything. What else can I do?

edit: Tried reuploading and doing the upgrade again, but didn't help. Still have the same error.
I temporarily set the Index route to /forums/ instead of the featured threads one

Last edited:
That error indicates a syntax error with the file but no-one else has reported the issue and I'm using the same file on multiple sites so try downloading it again and uploading the files once more.

Top Bottom