CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Hello Brogan
I havent received the latest update I guess.

The slider suddenly disappeared from the homepage. dont know why. any suggestion how to fix it?

Getting occasional errors, always the same ....

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The existing data required by the data writer could not be found. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345
Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1387): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(481): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(418): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->applyFeaturedThreadImage(209580, '/var/www/...', 'jpg', 480, 545, 'featured_backgr...', 'ctaFtBackground', 'backgrounds')
#3 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(262): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->attachedFeaturedThreadImage(Array, 209580, '/var/www/...', 'featured_backgr...', 'ctaFtBackground', 'backgrounds')
#4 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/AutomaticFeature.php(157): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->prepareAttachedImageOptions(Array, 0, 1, 0)
#5 library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Deferred_AutomaticFeature->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#6 library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#7 library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/admin.php"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Which version are you running?

Go to the options page and save the settings to make sure all of the option caches are updated.

Can you check if there is a valid background applied to thread ID 209580.

Which version are you running?

Go to the options page and save the settings to make sure all of the option caches are updated.

Can you check if there is a valid background applied to thread ID 209580.
v2.15.0
Settings saved, I remember doing that too for the new configs around automatic featured.
thread id 209580 isn't a featured thread, but would be valid for automatic featuring. Options for this are configured to use the first attached image (of which the thread has one) as background.

I'm currently mobile so can't look into it but I'll see if I can reproduce it later tonight/tomorrow.

If I can't, I may need ACP, phpMyAdmin and FTP access to try and determine what's triggering the error.

As a test, are you able to manually feature the thread and use the attached image as the background?

No big hurry - thanks!
Were you able to manually feature the thread and use the attached image as the background?

Edit: I've done some testing and can't replicate the error so it appears to be an issue related to that thread which I will need to troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Logged in to admincp a few days ago and was surprised to see this:

outdated.webp

I was surprised because I updated xenforo to the latest version weeks ago and saw no such message. I wonder why this is happening all of a sudden?

Can I safely "merge" and be done with it?

Thanks.

That's nothing to do with the add-on as such, it's due to an outdated style/templates.

You may be able to merge.

If not, you will have to revert and re-edit.

It has nothing to do with styles ether if they are up to date (which is hard to check because of issue mentioned below).

Its an issue with the way XenForo handles last modification time of templates. When you install or update any style or add-on, XenForo sets last modification time of templates in that style/add-on to time when you installed or updated it. Therefore if both style and add-on have same template and you installed style before installing add-on, XenForo will show templates as outdated.

To get rid of that notice in Soft Responsive style simply edit template once. Add new line or space somewhere. As you can see on that screenshot, difference between last modification time is only few days, so assuming you are using latest version of Soft Responsive style (which has this add-on's templates up to date), its safe to say template isn't outdated.

As for PoertyCircle template, templates could be outdated. They were modified half a year ago. Since then add-on was updated few times and those templates were probably updated.

You should avoid editing templates whenever possible, use template modifications instead. That will keep your changes after updating add-on.

It has nothing to do with styles ether if they are up to date (which is hard to check because of issue mentioned below).

Its an issue with the way XenForo handles last modification time of templates. When you install or update any style or add-on, XenForo sets last modification time of templates in that style/add-on to time when you installed or updated it. Therefore if both style and add-on have same template and you installed style before installing add-on, XenForo will show templates as outdated.

To get rid of that notice in Soft Responsive style simply edit template once. Add new line or space somewhere. As you can see on that screenshot, difference between last modification time is only few days, so assuming you are using latest version of Soft Responsive style (which has this add-on's templates up to date), its safe to say template isn't outdated.

As for PoertyCircle template, templates could be outdated. They were modified half a year ago. Since then add-on was updated few times and those templates were probably updated.

You should avoid editing templates whenever possible, use template modifications instead. That will keep your changes after updating add-on.

The space trick did it. Thanks. So many things to remember!

Hi,
Trying to modify portable thread blocks footer,
my changes in Style Properties > CTA Featured Threads Blocks Footer & Sharing do not have any effect.
what am i doing wrong.

ex : Changed the Read More Link to 18px

capture-22.webp

Readmore link is still 12 px on front page :

capture-21.webp

capture-22.webp

Thanks for support

That's the wrong style property group then.

You should be using CTA Featured Threads Page Footer & Sharing

Well it looks like I am missing something when it comes to setting up my slider as my one looks like this

upload_2015-6-21_11-16-16.webp

I think you can define a width iirc and then your image needs to be that width minimum else it will stretch and look funny.

Top Bottom