CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Was that poll featured before or after setting the poll display option in the ACP?

If before, it doesn't retrospectively change existing featured threads, you'd have to do that manually.

Also note that there are two display poll options, it's not clear which one you have in the screenshot. One is for manual featuring, the other for automatic featuring. You will need to set one or both as applicable.

Ok thanks I will look into that then.

Edit - I removed it as a featured that and featured it again and now it works, thanks for the help

I would appreciate some help with a bit of CSS I'm wrestling with. I want to add the same border on the FT on the home page (image on the left) that is on the icon image on the FT page - see below.

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 2.44.34 PM.webp Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 2.44.45 PM.webp

It should be the same out of the box as it uses the same classes.

Check that your style properties and templates are not outdated/edited.

If not, then it is likely a custom style issue.

It should be the same out of the box as it uses the same classes.

Check that your style properties and templates are not outdated/edited.

If not, then it is likely a custom style issue.
Sorry, I should have clarified, I added the border to the FT icon on the ft thread page myself, I cant seem to find the FT icon on home page class. It gives me this when inspecting the element.

Code:
.ctaFtBlock .helper

Getting error log items when performing some admin.php functions. Is this an issue being caused by CTA Featured Threads?

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The existing data required by the data writer could not be found. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1387): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(481): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(418): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->applyFeaturedThreadImage(209580, '...', 'jpg', 480, 545, 'featured_backgr...', 'ctaFtBackground', 'backgrounds')
#3 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(262): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->attachedFeaturedThreadImage(Array, 209580, '...', 'featured_backgr...', 'ctaFtBackground', 'backgrounds')
#4 library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/AutomaticFeature.php(157): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->prepareAttachedImageOptions(Array, 0, 1, 0)
#5 library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Deferred_AutomaticFeature->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999969005585, '')
#6 library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999969005585, '', false)
#7 library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(23) "/admin.php?users/search"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

You're using the automatic feature function so it's not related to the actions you are performing in the ACP, it's just when the cron runs.

Set the max featured threads in the options to 1 then unfeature the remaining thread.

Note that won't remove any from the archive page or reduce any member featured thread counts to 0.

In order to completely reset everything you would need to uninstall and reinstall.

Do you mean as it is in the image or to move the arrows outside the image?

If the former, you just need to upload the images in the .zip to your style directory and ensure there is more than one slider entry.

If the latter, you would need to adjust the Style Properties/CSS and possibly template code.

The latter, I did it that way before.

Could I request it as a feature if it would be something you could add in for a future release?

Top Bottom