CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
The all threads option is only for new threads after the option has been selected.

If you want it to stop after 2 days, disable it.

Per forum criteria isn't possible.
Ok, I hope for that feature, so I can publish a thread in specified forum and it's automatically featured for example for 2 days. That would be very usable, I guess...

This feature was requested by Chris but the original request was just to be able to specify a single forum for auto featuring threads.
The additional criteria and options were added by me as a bonus.

If you want per forum criteria then you will have to commission it.
And it wouldn't be cheap.

Ok, I hope for that feature, so I can publish a thread in specified forum and it's automatically featured for example for 2 days. That would be very usable, I guess...
See above.
The feature duration can be set to 2 days but it affects all forums.

@Brogan I think you need another generic one:

Error

You haven't read the release notes, have you?

stupid_boy_by_thomassmurffan-d5l9k4k.png

Not seen this requested but could be helpful to some, not sure if it's even possible.

If you are creating a new thread and plan on setting it as featured could an option be added to the posting screen. At the moment when creating a thread in the Thread Status section you have Open & Sticky perhaps add another option that allows the thread to be Featured, would save posting the thread and then featuring it.

I've missed a couple releases. Regarding this:
Due to the page options changing to introduce the new sort orders, the cache needs to be updated. Until it is, errors may be generated and pages could fail to load.
How do I update the cache?

Ok, I blew it. 5 minutes later, I updated, forgot to save, and featured a thread. I figured out something was wrong when I realized feature threads was no longer my home page. After realizing this, I went into my admin panel, updated the cache, turned the dedicated page back on and deleted all the server errors, but I'm getting an outdated template error. What do I need to do?

Last edited:
Pre-sale Question: I am thinking of a portal solution here, it can pull latest threads from given forum and sub-forums. Right? Also bd-widget friendly?

Ok, I blew it. 5 minutes later, I updated, forgot to save, and featured a thread. I figured out something was wrong when I realized feature threads was no longer my home page. After realizing this, I went into my admin panel, updated the cache, turned the dedicated page back on and deleted all the server errors, but I'm getting an outdated template error. What do I need to do?
Merge the templates or revert the templates "after saving any custom changes."

Pre-sale Question: I am thinking of a portal solution here, it can pull latest threads from given forum and sub-forums. Right? Also bd-widget friendly?
Not yet, but 2.9 has automatic featuring based on selected forum(s).
It works with the WF add-on, yes, depending on what you want to do.

@wulfgar1, is it all working now?

Hi @Brogan,

Just installed 2.8 after a 1.3.3 upgrade and got a pile of errors:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: sortOrder - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:483
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(483): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/pgweb/pub...', 483, Array)
#1 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured()
#2 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://www.precursorgames.com/forums/index.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: featuredThreads - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:496
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(496): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/pgweb/pub...', 496, Array)
#1 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured()
#2 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:496
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(496): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/pgweb/pub...', 496, Array)
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom