CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Scrolling/slideshow has been suggested previously.

It is not something I currently plan to implement.
Not least because it would require a fairly significant rewrite of the code.

Okey dokey, well consider my vote for it cast. Would certainly give it that extra edge as a 'portal' if it did ;)

Great job on the add on, having fun with it and working a treat so far.

Well the scrolling/slideshow stuff would only be on the blocks, not on the main featured thread page.

So in that respect it wouldn't have anything to do with the portal aspect.

Ahh okay, you're absolutely right. In my case I'm using your add on in conjunction with the widget framework on the forum list to create a 'portal' home page as such. That's the bock I'm talking about.

Alternatively having an alert bubble for unread new featured threads in the nav tab could by useful. Similar to Chris' unread post count add on

upload_2014-6-23_16-23-24.webp

The concept doesn't work as featured threads are a snippet/duplicate of the threads themselves.

It's not unique content.

They reference the original thread that's featured though, right. Surely that thread is unique if it's unread by the user?

Although you wouldn't want lots of alerts for featured threads, and you'd want the alert to disappear after the first view never to return, and only then receive normal new post and subscription alerts after that. So perhaps there's a way of marking the featured thread 'unread' to everyone until they click on it, then it automatically clears it?

Just a thought

Hi @Brogan, would it be possible for you to implement 'Featured Posts'? (or perhaps as a new add-on extension? ;))

Reason for my asking is that, at least on my site, we tend to have very long threads and it's very common to have individual posts within threads that are worthy of promoting/featuring.
Thanks.

The option controls the amount of characters retrieved from the post.

The Style Properties control how much is displayed.

Top Bottom