CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
@Brogan thanks for taking the time to do that for the community!......and as a thankyou I would like to send you the extra tenner I owe you!!!!!.....
please send me a pm on how to do that and I will get it done!........you deserve....2.6 pints of beer!!!!

Lee

No problem Lee and that's really not necessary :)

Just glad you were able to get it looking like you wanted.

No problem Lee and that's really not necessary :)

Just glad you were able to get it looking like you wanted.

I have not made any changes as yet @Brogan .....but TBH.....I would like to contribute to this a little more.....you have already implemented a small change (for me?)....
and I would like to say thanks......and paying the £20....is totally fair IMO......
especially as there will be a 1.6......I am sure......let me get you a few pints!!!!

Lee

Will the thread meta data be apart of the mod anytime soon? (I apologize if this was asked somewhere in the 32 pages prior.) For example, instead of just the "Read More" link, it would also say "25 Comments | 63 likes | 5,402 views" -- if not, are these variables available in the template?

Did you not see the latest update?

1.5.0 was released earlier today: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/featured-threads.2599/update?update=8011

04-featured-threads-png.65959

Last edited:
Brogan - I posted a thread about the fixed version of the new style, but I didn't get an alert when I featured it. Should I have?

Brogan, is it possible to add the nodeid to the avatar div? Im assuming this will allow users to change the avatar pic to a predefined image for the node which may be a good option for people not wanting to display the threadstarter avatar?

Thanks for your work on this addon, as always appreciated.

Brogan - I posted a thread about the fixed version of the new style, but I didn't get an alert when I featured it. Should I have?
You only get alerts if someone else features your threads. You don't get them if you feature your own - there's no need as you already know you've featured them.

@Brogan, I know you're considering adding trophy support to Featured Threads at some stage (don't worry, this isn't a post asking for it now!) I've been thinking about this and I'm not quite sure how it could be implemented without it having a potential detrimental effect on some forums.

Trophies I'm assuming would be awarded for threads being featured. I tend to start quite a few threads and feature them but I wouldn't want to earn myself a stack of trophies by doing this. So there could be an option for threads featured by yourself not counting towards trophies. However, on my forums I allow full members to feature their own threads. If there's no check then potentially someone could earn lots of trophies by featuring their own threads. On the other hand if there's an option not to count threads featured by yourself, then some members may never feature their threads in the hopes of others doing so to earn them trophies and others may never earn trophies as they are good at featuring their own threads.

I'm not expecting an answer on this, I'm more thinking aloud about potential issues with trophy support. :)

Yes, I've already got those notes jotted down and I don't think there's an easy way around it.

The options are:
  • Featuring a thread (for the first time) increases the count by 1, regardless of the author and the person featuring it
  • Featuring a thread (for the first time) increases the count by 1, only if the thread author is different from the person featuring it
And that's it really.
If the second option is implemented and people mainly feature their own threads then the count won't increase for them.
If the first option is used then they could quickly build up their own count to earn trophies.

@Brogan - found a small bug in 1.5 ... the images folder has a capital "I": /upload/styles/default/Images - should be - /upload/styles/default/images

Breaks the featured container gradient. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Hi Brogan, are there any requirements for purchasing this add-on? i have already sent a message to u but still haven't received ur reply yet... I would like to purchase it using paypal.

Thanks!

Top Bottom