CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Yes, it should be simple enough to tweak the code to do that but of course it would be overwritten when upgrading again.

Just noticed the RSS icon for the featured threads doesn't show with a UI.X style.

I think it's because the social media links, including the RSS icon, are in a seperate template and not in the footer template the default style uses. That template also doesnt include the {xen:phrase rss}</a></li> your template modification uses.

Out of interest, why do you want to exclude forums?

Because I'm using the RSS feed for featured threads to automatically post to twitter. I have a general off-topic forum that has a lot of threads that I wouldn't think would be of any interest to twitter.

Because I'm using the RSS feed for featured threads to automatically post to twitter. I have a general off-topic forum that has a lot of threads that I wouldn't think would be of any interest to twitter.
I presume that the off topic forum is open to the public? If it was a private forum then it wouldn't feature in the (guest) feed.

I presume that the off topic forum is open to the public? If it was a private forum then it wouldn't feature in the (guest) feed.

Yeah that's true but it's not a forum I would want to make private. Eliminating some silly thread titles from being posted to our twitter isn't worth doing that.

I'll look at the rss file later and see if I can come up with something unless someone would be so kind to post some code. (I'll paypal you! :D)

@Brogan I see you added the hook and template for "cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_sidebar" but could you please also add them for "cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_sidebar_bottom" so other add-on's could have sidebar blocks that display under the others and not above them?

Right now i have just edited your template to move the hook to below the other sidebar blocks, but it be nice to have Top, Mid and Bottom ones :)

Great update as always.

oTnxmL5.jpg

Little layout issue

CHifDIs.png

When clicking the forum button, I get this:

Server Error
Undefined index: display

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 76
  2. CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*****/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom