CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Ah, so each Slider and Featured thread runs independent of one another. Gotcha.

Anyone have recommendations on slider image sizes? I was playing around with it and its kind of a tricky thing finding the right balance. Not to mention something that you can actually show off a good quality image in.

Is your site fixed or fluid?

If it's fluid then that's going to be a challenge as you will need to ensure images look good at the largest possible size.

Is your site fixed or fluid?

If it's fluid then that's going to be a challenge as you will need to ensure images look good at the largest possible size.
Fixed. I'm more having trouble going between desktop and mobile, as the responsive view completely blows up the image sizing. A majority of our users are on mobile.

My site has two styles - fixed and fluid max width and I don't have the problem with images being blown up on smaller screen sizes.

Do you see the same issue on my site?

It looks fine to me, even on the narrowest width.

My site has two styles - fixed and fluid max width and I don't have the problem with images being blown up on smaller screen sizes.

Do you see the same issue on my site?

It looks fine to me, even on the narrowest width.
Sorry, I didn't mean blown up literally, more as the sizing was making the view on mobile more difficult. Its probably a setting on my end. I was just rooting around in there last night a bit and need to refine things. I'll take a look at your site on desktop and mobile and try to get some idea of what steps to take.

ok I give up lol. 6 hours of styling and I have everything exactly the way I want it except for a single issue.

I want the background image to show on the Featured Threads Page but not show the background image on Featured Threads Blocks at top on forum list index.

What am I missing here lol.

Love how much you can customize this to suite your needs btw.

or to put it simpler after I just re-read it. I only want the background image to show on the featured threads dedicated page and nowhere else.

or to put it simpler after I just re-read it. I only want the background image to show on the featured threads dedicated page and nowhere else.
Go to the Featured Threads block SPs and untick 'Enable Background'.

The page and blocks are controlled independently, hence the separate SPs for these. Use these to configure each separately to get the look that you want.

/me hangs head in shame lol.

I have changed every css property I could think of. Should have known Brogan would have made it simple for us.

Many thanks and I can now end this 20 hour day and get some sleep.

I bought and am now configuring this cool add-on. If one is pulling all threads from a particular forum to go on a home page for example, is there any way to attempt to normalize the images to be all less than a certain width?

What if we wanted to make one of the threads "sticky" on the cta powered home page?

Additionally what if we wanted to pull only one image from each thread?

I bought and am now configuring this cool add-on. If one is pulling all threads from a particular forum to go on a home page for example, is there any way to attempt to normalize the images to be all less than a certain width?
You would need to add some custom CSS to restrict the size.
For example, this would work in posts:
Code:
.message .messageContent .messageText img {
max-width: 50%;
}

What if we wanted to make one of the threads "sticky" on the cta powered home page?
That's not possible.

Additionally what if we wanted to pull only one image from each thread?
You can manually edit the featured thread content.

I'm not sure why I haven't spotted this before but I've just noticed that the Inbox and Alerts links are missing on the Portal page when viewed in Portrait on my Nexus 7.

Screenshot_2014-10-17-08-27-11.webp

All is fine on the forums page.

Screenshot_2014-10-17-08-27-18.webp

I can see it's because "Members" is displayed and isn't in the responsive menu like on the forums page, so there's probably not enough space.

What's odd is that it only happens in portrait view on my tablet. Landscape is fine and there are no problems on my mobile phone in either orientation or on a computer at various browser widths.

No, I had checked your support site. There aren't enough menu tab items on there to cause this.

I installed Firefox for Android and tried that and it's fine, though that renders the fonts differently. So for some reason with Chrome on Android on the Portal page only when logged in, it thinks it can fit "Members" in and not put it into the responsive menu but by doing this it doesn't have space to fit in my username, Inbox and Alerts and the last two aren't displayed.

Chrome/Android has a few quirks.

My main site has a fixed width and for some reason it applies huge left and right margins even when there is ample width to display the site correctly.

It doesn't really make sense in your case though as the number of menu items doesn't change, just the focussed tab.
Edit: I have just checked both screenshots and the alignment of the first five menu items is identical.

No, I had checked your support site. There aren't enough menu tab items on there to cause this.
Try my site, I have way too many tab items...

I do occasionally get an issue on my iPad which looks kind of similar to that, but just put it down to a glitch with UI.X or god awful iOS8. Refresh tends to clear it when it happens. I'll try and screen shot it if it happens again.

Top Bottom