Resource icon

[CTA] Countdown Timer 1.7.5_00_EQnoble

No permission to download
On its own. Reason is enclosed widget is showing as invalid xml while importing. Also the widget link in description is not working.

Ok so I had moved that file forgetting about that link (mostly because this is a very old version of the addon and I made a completely different fork of this to support multiple timers) but it's back there now.

For this version of the addon (because it was made before widget framework was available) I added the WFw stuff later and to preserve the way it worked for people who don't use WFw I just broke off that part of it to it's own addon so for the WFw part don't try to import a widget rather install it as an addon then use WFw to control the position.

Thanks. Installed the WFw which is already included in the setup package but still i am unable to control the position and its showing in the bottom of the sidebar.

Pls suggest if i am missing anything.

Thanks. Installed the WFw which is already included in the setup package but still i am unable to control the position and its showing in the bottom of the sidebar.

Pls suggest if i am missing anything.
Take a screengrab of the timer options and post up here

Take a screengrab of the timer options and post up here

Sorry, I actually haven't enabled WFw widget and sidebar block was enabled. Now, position is controllable.

But one more help pls. How can i customize the title color and timer color too. Its looking too dull and faded.

vRnaLMG.png

In appearance -> templates in the filter items area type cta then locate the template for the countdown css and edit away

You will want to use this (I will just set the colors to black for simplicity, change to what you need, just want to get you the right css selectors here.)

The title:
Code:
.section .ctaSidebar .ctaTitleLink h3 {
color: #000000;
}

Digit text (under numbers):
Code:
#ctaDashWrapper .dash_title {
color: #000000;
}

The digits(color is for text, background-color is the block around it):
Code:
#ctaDashWrapper .dash .digit {
background-color: #000000;
color: #fccfcc;
}

Reactions: DFI
I figured I would note down here that when the rewrite gets released it will also support bbcode (lightly for now) via [countdown] or [countdown=utc] (I may expand the options on this).
This is work now? I want it. :)

Question: width of sidebar is 320px. How I do center my countdown?
sidebar_1.webp

I find out how do this. :)
Code:
.ctaSidebar #countdown #ctaDashWrapper {
    height: 44px;
    width: 250px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}
sidebar_2.webp

In my opinion that's much better. variant #2
Code:
.ctaSidebar #countdown {
    height: 44px;
    width: 250px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}

sidebar_3.webp

Last edited:
You can do this two ways:

1. The easy way would be for you to open a FTP session to your server @the root directory of your xenforo installation and upload the contents of the archive in this post.

or
2. If you want to manually do it ftp to /library/CTA/CDtimer/ and edit Listener.php....

Find
Code:
        {
            case 'page_container_sidebar':
            {
edit page_container_sidebar to read ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel since that is the hook you would want to be using.
Code:
        {
            case 'ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel':
            {

When your done save your changes and refresh your forum home to check it.

you are the man this worked prefect!!! love this forum love xenforo this is so much fun to learn how to use. thanks alot

I am kind of releasing the multi timer version of this here (don't ask)

XeroTime - Countdown Timer 1.0.0 | Xenforte

I figure since life is random...that if folks add the countdown to their cart today, right before I go to sleep tonight I will run a query that will at random select a % of users with the addon in their cart and give them a license to run it on one of their sites (not to be shared ever with anyone under any circumstance).

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE THIS!

I am shutting down that site and if you send a payment I am just going to return it so please don't make more work for me. I wont be around/have time to support people with the addon and for that reason I will not be selling it. As an attempt to hook up some people who have stayed using this free addon for some time now I am offering them the chance to use the unlimited widgets version if they feel like they can support themselves with it.

I will leave this current version here at XF and y'all can support each other like a community should.

Thanks for your patronage.

This addon changes my style colors, all the text inputs get affected by the new colors on the pallete. :|

Top Bottom